Change It Up
Real Women Reveal How They Successfully Made Major Life Changes
The Sweet Life
Kate Carrara, 36, joined her family firm, following 16 family members into law as a corporate lawyer before becoming the owner of Buttercream International, a cupcake truck. "I knew the cupcake truck was an idea of the moment, and if I didn't get there first, someone else would," she says.
Carrara's advice: Don't quit your day job. "Before you jump in, ask yourself whether you have the time, money and drive to put into your business, and whether you can afford to live without a paycheck for a while."
ON WOMAN'S DAY: Work Tips To Help You Get Ahead
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession