Change It Up
Real Women Reveal How They Successfully Made Major Life Changes
A Helping Hand
Barbara E. Joe, 73, joined Peace Corps after 40 years of wanting to do so. "There were always plenty of reasons to postpone, but eventually I realized that pursuing a dream is worth the time," Joe says. "After so many years thinking about it, I knew I had to put up or shut up."
Joe's advice: You can reinvent yourself, no matter what your age. Peace Corps has no age maximum. In fact, an 85-year-old woman is currently serving in Morocco! "To anyone who dares suggest that volunteering is for the young, I say, as long as you're breathing, it's not too late to try something new. Don't save your bucket list for later. Start crossing off your lifetime to-do's now."
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession