A Few Of My Favorite Things: Christina Milian
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Pampers
- Previous Next3 of 10Thinkstock/Courtesy of American Rag
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of OverstockDrugstore.com
- Previous Next6 of 10Thinkstock
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Orbit Baby
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Aden & Anais
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Pampers
- A Few Of My Favorite Things: Christina MilianWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
RELA_INTRO_Christina-Milian1 of 10
On A Budget2 of 10
At a recent red carpet event, Milian says she wore a shirt from Forever 21 and shoes she got for under $100. "It's not always about the price or the designer label. It's about how you put it together," she says. "People always assume that I only wear designers, but I actually live a very affordable lifestyle. I think that's important, especially as a mom. My daughter comes first, always. So most of my money is spent on her."
Mommy Must Haves3 of 10
Since becoming a mom, Milian has traded the bra-baring tops and short shorts of her early pop star days for a more demure—but still sexy—style. She says she can't live without her Make Up For Ever lipstick ("I just have to have my Deep Red!") and her Raven Denim jeans. "They fit amazing and are perfectly comfortable to run after your little one in. Plus, they are great for your self-esteem. ... They keep the men looking!"
Splurge-Worthy4 of 10
However, Milian says there are some items worth splurging on, particularly her Christian Louboutin heels. "They just make you feel young, sexy and confident all over again," she says. "And you deserve it after those nine months!"
Double Duty5 of 10
Finding a beauty product that both mom and baby can use will stretch your dollar a little further. Milian says she and her daughter, Violet, both love Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil Gel. "There are so many uses for it. Violet enjoys massages after a bath, and in the process I stretch her and do little exercises."
Shape Shifter6 of 10
Milian said that bouncing back to the petite figure she's known for was a multi-step process. "I nursed Violet for 11 months and lost a lot of weight that way," she says. "But then my weight kind of hit a plateau, and that last 15 pounds just didn't want to go away. I started doing a lot of hiking. I also started eating right, because you really have to do both together—they go hand in hand, you know?"
Walk In The Park7 of 10
Taking Violet out for walks is another way Milian gets her exercise these days. She says she loves pushing the Orbit G2 Stroller. "Violet always looks so relaxed and comfortable in this stroller," she says. "I like that you have the option to turn her around and look at her while on the go too."
Flick Fix8 of 10
Although Milian's movie credits include horror films like Pulse and adult comedies like Be Cool, she's more apt to watch kid-friendly fare nowadays. In fact, doing so has become a great way to get some of that coveted "me time," she says. "If all else fails, put Elmo in Grouchland on!" advises Milian. "Your little one will be entertained for a good, solid hour."
Geared Up9 of 10
Milian calls the bibs from Aden & Anais "lifesavers" for keeping Violet's clothes safe from baby food and preventing a midday outfit change. "They wrap around the top of most of Violet's outfits," she says. "And they aren't tough or hard when I wipe her little face." Milan credits Beaba spoons for helping Violet learn how to feed herself. "No wear and tear, and easy for her to grip!"
Balancing Act10 of 10
As a single mom, Milian relies on her mother and aunts in order to continue working on her career post-motherhood. "I’m really fortunate because I live in a household of women," she says. "Everyone pitches in to help me with Violet. So even when I travel, someone is always there who she knows and loves. That support is so important, so I'm really glad to have them in my life."
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession