Conversations With Your Inner Critic
- Next1 of 8Catherine Ledner/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 8Catherine Ledner/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 8Catherine Ledner/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 8Thomas Barwick/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 8Catherine Ledner/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 8Melanie Acevedo/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 8Douglas Menuez/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 8Paula Thomas/Getty Images
- Conversations With Your Inner CriticWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
Who You Talkin' To?1 of 8
By Naomi Jaul
That little voice inside your head that makes you second-guess your every move and feel like a clod while you're at it? It's time to press the mute button. Read on for simple, snappy ways to shut down the trash talk.
What a Beach!2 of 8
The Inner Critic says: You really should have worked harder to get a beach body before getting into that bikini, fatty.
You say: You know the really great way to get a beach body? Have a body. Go to the beach. Done.
Ex-Cuse Me?3 of 8
The Inner Critic says: No wonder he dumped you and went for someone like her! She’s so successful, and her hair is. So. Shiny.
You say: Too bad she doesn't have my depth, wit and uniquely wry perspective on life.
Like a Boss4 of 8
The Inner Critic says: Did you see how your boss looked at you after that presentation? She thinks you're a moron.
You say: Or maybe she just remembered that she has dinner with her in-laws tonight, or that she forgot to call the plumber about the dishwasher. Really, it could be anything.
Compare Fair5 of 8
The Inner Critic says: Why can't you look as put-together as she always does?
You say: Because I know people will still like me even if I'm not perfectly coiffed and done-up at all times.
Dinner Dilemma6 of 8
The Inner Critic says: They're going to hate the meal, the house, the table setting. Oh, and you.
You say: Good thing I've got chocolate pudding for dessert. No one hates chocolate pudding.
Date Night7 of 8
The Inner Critic says: Why did you say that? He's going to think you're a total weirdo!
You say: I'm just a total weirdo standing in front of another total weirdo, asking him to love me.
Food Fight8 of 8
The Inner Critic says: Seriously, you're going to eat that chocolate? I thought you were going paleo—Lord knows you need to.
You say: Cocoa beans grow on trees. They're totally a vegetable. And furthermore, depriving myself will only make me crave the sweet stuff that much more, whereas a little nibble will leave me happy and satisfied. So there.
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession