How To Curb Your Feelings If You're Smitten With Someone Who's Not Your Spouse
Strategy 3: Let Your Crush Boost Your Marriage
A crush can remind you of the woman you are—or want to be—which can be very seductive when you've hit a stale point in life.
Feeling excited about a crush can even benefit your relationship, if you allow it to. In fact, according to sex counselor Dr. Ian Kerner, fantasizing about a crush is a healthy and natural part of our imagination that "allows you to explore taboos and aspects of your sexuality that you may not want to experience with your partner.” He adds that this kind of mental role play can act as 'training wheels' to help you figure out what turns you on in your relationship.
Give your marriage (and your life!) the boost that you're craving from another man: Explore a new area of town with your partner, excavate your special panties, decide to kiss your man passionately. These experiences will produce dopamine, a neurotransmitter that will actually trick your brain into thinking your love is new.
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession