Forget Me Not
Eight Ways To Make A Lasting Impression
4. Convey interest.
An effective way to leave a good impression on someone you've just met is to ask them about themselves during the course of the conversation. "When you're interested, you're interesting," says Jill Spiegel, author of How to Talk to Anyone About Anything.
Show someone that you care about what they're saying by asking questions as well as displaying subtle signs that you're interested in the response, such as nodding or indicating agreement. It makes them feel admired, in turn making them admire you. Even better? Making it a two-way street by finding a common ground and sharing your own interests. "Speaking about your own passions quite literally brings out the best in you," says Demarais. "It will make you smile and exude excitement—traits that are naturally appealing to others."
ON WOMAN'S DAY: How to Say No
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession