Forget Me Not
Eight Ways To Make A Lasting Impression
4. Convey interest.
An effective way to leave a good impression on someone you've just met is to ask them about themselves during the course of the conversation. "When you're interested, you're interesting," says Jill Spiegel, author of How to Talk to Anyone About Anything.
Show someone that you care about what they're saying by asking questions as well as displaying subtle signs that you're interested in the response, such as nodding or indicating agreement. It makes them feel admired, in turn making them admire you. Even better? Making it a two-way street by finding a common ground and sharing your own interests. "Speaking about your own passions quite literally brings out the best in you," says Demarais. "It will make you smile and exude excitement—traits that are naturally appealing to others."
ON WOMAN'S DAY: How to Say No
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession