10 Reasons Women Need Gal Pals
Remind yourself why female friendship is so important
8. For the Truth…When Nobody Else Will Give It to You
Ultimately you want friends who make you feel good about yourself, but it's nice to be able to ask a question and receive an honest response—whether it's regarding those unflattering low-rise pants or that boy who will never fit in with your family. But Berry warns, "The point of constructive criticism is to improve the life of your girlfriend—not to be a ruse for trying to make her change."
9. Because They Can Relate To You
You need people who, for better or worse, have been through what you've been through. After all, wisdom derives from experience. But either way, ladies tend to listen, explains Berry, while men feel the need to solve a problem. When her garbage disposal broke, Berry says, "My girlfriend listened while I lamented, and I felt much better; my male friend showed up at my door with a new garbage disposal, which he promptly installed."
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession