How to Say You're Sorry
Get the perfect apology for every situation
You Talked About Someone Behind Their Back
The Scenario: Your friend is dating a guy whom you think treats her really badly, a fact that you express openly—and frequently—to other people. Through the grapevine, she ends up finding out that you have been saying negative things about her relationship.
The Mea Culpa: "This is really high on the list of damaging actions," says Shapiro Barash. "Gossip erodes trust." Even though your friend might not want to forgive you, write her an email telling her that even though it's no excuse, you were gossiping because you're worried. If she responds, then follow up by asking to meet for a drink or coffee so that you can have an honest and open conversation about your concerns.
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession