How to Say You're Sorry
Get the perfect apology for every situation
You Unintentionally Offended Someone
The Scenario: You've had a few too many drinks at a party, and you end up saying that Keeping Up With the Kardashians is "retarded." It turns out that one of the girls you're talking to has a brother with severe autism. Your friend pulls you aside after to tell you that you really hurt her feelings by using that word.
The Mea Culpa: "This is a true exercise in humility," says Sclamberg. "Find out the girl's email address, and write her an honest and sincere apology." In the letter, you might want to share a personal story—a learning disability you struggle with, a family member that also struggles with a disorder. This will both humanize you (making you more than "the insensitive girl") and show your genuine effort to empathize.
- The ultimate guide to freckled skin
- Decor inspiration from your favorite TV shows
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- Never Say These Things About Your Ex
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
- What men really think of 10 fall trends
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession