If Men Were Shoes...
- Next1 of 13Glo
- Previous Next2 of 13Splash News; Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next3 of 13Lester Cohen/WireImage; Courtesy of Zappos
- Previous Next4 of 13J Garcia/startraksphoto.com; Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next5 of 13Said Elatab/Splash News; Courtesy of Free People
- Previous Next6 of 13GSNY/Splash News; Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous Next7 of 13Prince Williams/FilmMagic; Courtesy of Nike
- Previous Next8 of 13Cindy Ord/Getty Images; Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next9 of 13Mario Magnani/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images; Courtesy of Zappos
- Previous Next10 of 13Janet Mayer/Splash News; Courtesy of Nasty Gal
- Previous Next11 of 13Kevin Mazur/WireImage; Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next12 of 13Raymond Hall/FilmMagic; Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next13 of 13Dave M. Benett/Getty Images; Courtesy of Modcloth
- If Men Were Shoes...5 Zodiac Signs That Party Hard
- Find out why some signs will never be BFFs
- Hollywood Hunks of Every Sign
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- What Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
Sole Mates1 of 13
By Brienne Walsh
Some men are stilettos—you fall for them, but they inevitably hurt you. And others are sneakers—safe, comfortable and supportive. Here, we match up 12 guy types with the women's shoe that best suits their personality.
The Boy Next Door2 of 13
Chuck Taylors might not be the most stylish of shoes, but they're a reliable staple that says, "Hey, I'm sweet and classic without being too cool."
SHOP NOW: Converse Chuck Taylors, $45, nordstrom.com
The Country Cutie3 of 13
The classic cowboy boot is reliable and fun, like a down-home country boy who's hard-working doesn't take himself too seriously. And similar to a good cowboy boot, this guy is one you can keep forever.
SHOP NOW: Justin cowboy boot, $148, zappos.com
The Beach Bum4 of 13
The flip-flop isn't going to take you out for a five-course dinner—he's the kind of guy who likes two feet in the sand. But he's easy to be around and just wants you to relax and by happy.
SHOP NOW: Havaianas Freedom T-strap sandals, $32, shopbop.com
The Nostalgic Romantic5 of 13
The soft leather darby: For the sweet-natured guy who loves puppies, comic books and black-and-white movies.
SHOP NOW: Rogue Darby $128, freepeople.com
The Bad Boy Romeo6 of 13
Moto boots are for the kind of guy who still would romance his woman ten years into their marriage—and would also get into a fist fight for her if he needed to.
SHOP NOW: Steve Madden bootie, $90, amazon.com
The Smooth Impresario7 of 13
High-tops are the sort of self-made man who doesn't feel he has to prove himself by dressing the part. They're cool and confident, laid-back but still stylish.
SHOP NOW: Nike Air Force 1 High iD, $150, nike.com
The Retro Hipster8 of 13
Sweet and fun, but a little eddy, these heels are like the guy who sports a modern-day take on the pompadour with his plain T-shirts and tattoos. He's someone who wants to show his woman off—not that there's anything wrong with that.
SHOP NOW: Alice + Olivia, Gigi Heart Print d'Orsay pumps, $295, shopbop.com
The Zen Charmer9 of 13
A bootie won't make an outfit, but it's versatile enough to go with plenty of looks—just like the guy who's charming enough to introduce to your parents, take to a work party and bring to the bar with friends. He's cool, without being too cool.
SHOP NOW: Gentle Souls bootie, $190, zappos.com
The Man of Mystery10 of 13
Is he a gentleman? Is he a bad boy? It doesn't matter, because he'll definitely break your heart—and keep you coming back for more.
SHOP NOW: Shoe Cult Luxe pump, $78, nastygal.com
The Prom King11 of 13
This guy may look hot in a uniform, but he's also completely at home in a tuxedo. In other words, he's less a football cleat than he is a classic, yet sexy strappy sandal.
SHOP NOW: B Brian Atwood Labrea strappy sandal, $350, shopbop.com
The Hotshot12 of 13
A look-at-me shoe for the look-at-me guy, the cage sandal requires a definite swagger. Even if you're normally shy, these shoes will bring out your bold side, not unlike the guy they go with.
SHOP NOW: Conjer studded sandal, $100, nordstrom.com
The British Bohemian13 of 13
Ballet flats are for a man with pedigree: He likes an elegant woman with slender ankles, the kind who went to art school but still wears lipstick when she goes to lunch.
SHOP NOW: Seedless Romantic flats, $35, modcloth.com