10 qualities all great friends have
- Next1 of 11Adie Bush/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 11Cultura/Kathrin Ziegler/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11Ghislain & Marie David de Lossy/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 11Cavan Images/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 11Jon Feingersh/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 11RK Studio/Dean Sanderson/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 11i love images/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 11Cavan Images/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 11Image Source/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 11Phillip Suddick/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 11Cultura/Axel Bernstorff/Getty Images
- 10 qualities all great friends haveWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
Best Friend Material?1 of 11
By Denise Wolfe
Find out if your new pal has the goods to be a great pal with Glo's roundup of ten most important qualities all BFFs have.
Need a Boast?2 of 11
You find out from others that she says nice things about you behind your back, doing your bragging for you.
Nice Job3 of 11
She lets you practice your big presentation on her—more than ten times. And she makes constructive criticism after each and every one. She calls or texts after a big work presentation to ask how it went.
Secret Formula4 of 11
Private things you tell her actually stay private.
Picture Perfect5 of 11
She would never post photos on Instagram or Facebook where she looks great and you look like Quasimodo.
Flake Free6 of 11
You can count on her to show up when she says she will, call when she says she will, and do what she says she will. Or else has a really good explanation why she can't.
No Judgment7 of 11
When your heart is broken by the latest #$%^&!!! jerk, she never says "I told you so."
To Err Is Human...8 of 11
In her total support and acceptance, she helps you learn to forgive yourself.
Truth Be Told9 of 11
The haircut everyone says they love? She tells you the truth, because she knows you can handle it. ("It's too short, but it will grow out.")
Supporting Player10 of 11
She doesn't smirk when you declare, for the umpteenth time, that you are going to exercise more and quit your daily caramel mocha smoothies, starting TOMORROW. In fact, she buys you a workout journal for motivation.
By Example11 of 11
Being around her inspires you to be your own best self.
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession