Find out the ten most common lies people tell in their online dating profiles
Nearly one-third of men in the BeautifulPeople.com study admitted to lying about their age, compared to just 17 percent of women. Although some varied their dates of birth by as much as ten years, the highest percentage of liars erased or added only a year or two. Ettin says a lot of women round down to the nearest five-year increment to come up in more searches, but she cautions against it. "Eventually you're going to have to tell the truth," she says.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 8 Sexy Ways to Burn Calories
When it comes to a man's listed salary, knock off 40% for a more accurate picture, recommends Greg Hodge of BeautifulPeople.com. An OkCupid study found guys embellish by closer to 20 percent, but the point is that research confirms that men claim to bring home more bacon than they actually do. "Men in our study thought it was most acceptable to lie about income or occupation than other profile elements," says Dr. Toma. "They know it's important to women." Ettin advises her clients not to answer this question.
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession