The 14 most iconic kisses from TV & movies
- Next1 of 15AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN: Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next2 of 15FROM HERE TO ETERNITY: Columbia Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next3 of 15LADY AND THE TRAMP: Buena Vista Distribution Company/Photofest
- Previous Next4 of 15TARZAN: MGM/Photofest
- Previous Next5 of 15GONE WITH THE WIND: MGM/Photofest
- Previous Next6 of 15A LITTLE ROMANCE: Warner Brothers / Photofest
- Previous Next7 of 15AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN: Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next8 of 1516 CANDLES: Universal/Photofest
- Previous Next9 of 15GHOST: Paramount Pictures
- Previous Next10 of 15FRIENDS: Warner Bros./Photofest
- Previous Next11 of 15THE OFFICE: NBC
- Previous Next12 of 15TITANIC: Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next13 of 15THE NOTEBOOK: New Line/Photofest
- Previous Next14 of 15SPIDERMAN: Columbia Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next15 of 15TWILIGHT: Summit Entertainment/Photofest
- The 14 most iconic kisses from TV & moviesWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
Smooch Fest1 of 15
By Denise Wolfe
A kiss is rarely just a kiss. It may be passionate or innocent, butterfly soft or take-your-breath-away overwhelming. Looking for a little makeout inspiration? Here are 14 famous smooches to inspire you. Pucker up!
Swept Away2 of 15
Forget sand in awkward places or the ocean causing your hair to frizz. Before From Here to Eternity's cinematic clinch inspired a million lampoons, it was the ultimate image of passion overpowering all barriers: lonely officer's wife Karen Holmes (Deborah Kerr) embraces enlisted Sergeant Milton Warden (Burt Lancaster), and even the oncoming tide can't cool their ardor.
Whetting the Appetite3 of 15
She's a sheltered pure-bred Cocker Spaniel named Lady. He's a roguish mutt named Tramp, from the wrong side of the tracks. A shared plate of spaghetti leads to an unexpected kiss (lick?) in the animated classic Lady and the Tramp.
Going Wild4 of 15
He may have been less than comfortable with the English language, but Tarzan managed to get his point across to the ultimate city girl, Jane Parker, in Tarzan. Does she tame her wild man, or does he awaken her primal soul?
Scarlett Fever5 of 15
She didn't bat an eye when Atlanta burned or she shot a Union soldier, but the feisty Scarlett O'Hara (in Gone With the Wind) more than met her match in Rhett Butler. Every time the swashbuckling Butler took her in his arms, we swooned.
Young Love6 of 15
"If two people kiss beneath the Bridge of Sighs in Venice at sunset, they will be in love forever." So Lauren (Diane Lane in her film debut) and Thelonious believe in A Little Romance. The 13-year-olds evade parents, police and pickpockets on their trek from Paris to Venice, but, when their lips touch at sunset under the Bridge of Sighs, you'll believe too.
Yes, Sir7 of 15
Who doesn't love a man in uniform? When Richard Gere's Zack "rescues" Debra Winger's Paula from her drab factory-working life, the local girl gets her happy ending—sealed with a kiss—in An Officer and a Gentleman.
A Wish Come True8 of 15
Family forgot your birthday? Sister getting married tomorrow? Geekiest geek in school wants to borrow your underwear? If only we all had a Jake Ryan (in Sixteen Candles) to make turning 16 as sweet.
Magic Moment9 of 15
With the help of shoddy psychic Oda Mae Brown, Molly momentarily reunites with her murdered lover Sam. The strength of their love rips asunder the veil between life and death, all to the haunting strains of Unchained Melody.
Just Friends10 of 15
Talk about letting the tension build! It took Ross and Rachel 31 long episodes before sharing their first real kiss.
Working It11 of 15
After Friends, fans of The Office played "Will They or Won't They?" for a few seasons before these two co-workers finally kissed. Now married with children (on TV, we mean), Pam and Jim proved that enduring love could be romantic, too.
Sail Away12 of 15
The star-crossed lovers may have been doomed from the start, but that's what made the feelings between Rose and Jack so intense.
Right as Rain13 of 15
Proving that (movie) love conquers all, Noah (Ryan Gosling) wouldn't let time, parents or even bad weather keep him from Allie (Rachel McAdams) in The Notebook.
Hanging in There14 of 15
Mary Jane may have been kind to shy neighbor Peter Parker, but it was Spider-Man who set her heart aflutter. We encourage non-superheroes to experiment with the upside-down kiss, too.
Blood Lust15 of 15
Robert Pattinson's Edward Cullen may have gone vegetarian, but that didn't stop his hunger for Bella.
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- The oversized trend that's making a comeback
- Beauty Tips From A Supermodel-Turned-Actress
- 9 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 Must-Read Tips for a Healthy Divorce
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession