Mum's the Word
10 Things You Should Never Say to a Pregnant Woman
3. "My friend had the worst thing happen during her pregnancy…"
A pregnant woman is already anxious about the impending birth of her unborn child—why add to the anxiety? The last thing a pregnant woman wants to talk about is how your friend/sister/cousin had morning sickness for nine months and then had an emergency C-section and almost died.
4. "Sabrina? I knew a girl in high school named Sabrina, and she was a total slut."
Naming a baby is a very personal endeavor, and people, on the whole, like to keep their name choices private. It's hard to keep a poker face when you hate the name someone is thinking about for her child, so you're much safer not asking.
5. "Wow—twins? Did you do IVF?"
It's none of your business! Going through IVF or any other fertility treatment is an incredibly taxing experience, both mentally and physically. And it's also very private.
- 10 ways to wear fashion's most addictive trend
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- Throw a 1920s themed party this holiday season
- The Ultimate Modern-Day Dining Guide
- How to have a work "husband"
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession