My At-Home Date Night Scrapbook
- Next1 of 15Glo
- Previous Next2 of 15Courtesy of Shabby Chic Couture
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 15Courtesy of Teleflora
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 15Courtesy of World Market
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 15Courtesy of E Store US
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 15Courtesy of PicnicTrend.com
- Previous Next7 of 15Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 15Courtesy of TableTopics
- Previous Next9 of 15David Papazian/Getty Images
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 15Courtesy of Les Nouvelles
- Previous Next11 of 15Courtesy of Old Navy
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 15Courtesy of Chanel
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 15Courtesy of Groupon
- Previous NextWant It!14 of 15Courtesy of Diamond Life LLC
- Previous Next15 of 15Glo
- My At-Home Date Night ScrapbookWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
RELA_intro card_Scrapbook_NB_v021 of 15
Guiding Light2 of 15
There are a few key elements to setting a romantic tone at home. Lighting is a biggie. When I talked to the team at Shabby Chic Couture in Santa Monica, I discovered these fabulous lanterns, which could be set in the bedroom to create some passionate (and body flattering) ambiance.
LEARN MORE: Shabby Chic Couture
Baby Bloomer3 of 15
Fresh flowers are an easy and fairly inexpensive way to dress up the table for a date night dinner. I like picking up a bouquet from the grocery store when I do my food shopping — there's always something pretty at a good price.
Drink Up4 of 15
A nice carafe of vino is another necessity for setting the tone of the night. (And since no one's driving, you can indulge as much as you please.) Don't forget to pour yourself a glass (or two!) while you cook — that's likely the biggest upside of making the meal yourself.
SHOP NOW: Cost Plus World Market Decanter and Tumblers Set, $20
Listen In5 of 15
No romantic vibe is complete without some tunes. You may not want to get all Marvin Gaye-heavy with your playlist, because that can kind of force the issue. Instead, try for music that's mildly romantic (think Jack Johnson), which will set the right mood without the pressure to live up to those "it's date night!" expectations.
SHOP NOW: Bang and Olufsen sound systems, prices vary
Try It Al Fresco6 of 15
After a string of at-home date nights, a typical dinner can get a little ho-hum. Instead, create a feast of cheeses, fruit and fresh baguettes to dine on. Try spreading out a blanket on the living room floor and dining picnic-style or, if the weather is warm enough, head out to your local park.
SHOP NOW: Picnic Time Chardonnay Picnic Basket, $57
Morning, Sunshine!7 of 15
You can also hold a "date night" in the morning by cooking up a brunch for two. Getting creative with timing and themes for your at-home affairs will keep these special times with your guy feeling like treats, not chores.
Hit the Deck8 of 15
No worries if you get stumped while trying to think of original date night ideas. This pack of cards by TableTopics will no doubt inspire your inventiveness. Read through the suggestions with your partner or try picking one at random, if you're feeling spontaneous.
SHOP NOW: TableTopics Date Night Idea Cards, $20
Soak It Up9 of 15
Just as you would for a night on the town, set the date night mood for yourself by indulging in nice long soak. After all, having an evening with your guy is also an opportunity for you to relieve the stress from your workday, your kids and all the items still needing attention on your to-do list.
All Dressed Up10 of 15
Believe me, I know how tempting it is to wear sweatpants when having date night at home. And I've definitely done it. But you'd be surprised how much your guy will appreciate the sight of you in even a simple wrap dress, like this one. Plus, aside from how pretty you'll look, feeling elegant will help set the night's romantic tone for you.
SHOP NOW: Afar Two Way Dress, $213
Fancy That11 of 15
If a dress isn't your style, wearing a pretty top with a pair of jeans will mark the night as special and non-routine.
SHOP NOW: Old Navy novelty tees, $10-18
Lip Primp12 of 15
If you don't want to put a whole face of makeup on, a light lipstick or gloss will give you a perfectly kissable pout.
SHOP NOW: Chanel Glossimer, $28.50
On the Money13 of 15
Just because you're on a budget, doesn't mean you have to always do date night at home. I use Groupon's smartphone app to find deals on dinner and entertaining options for me and my guy. Plus, you can often find discounts on everything from haircuts to dry cleaning, helping you cut back without giving up your lifestyle.
SHOP NOW: Groupon Mobile Apps
Sweet Nothings14 of 15
The idea of date night is to help you and your man reconnect as a couple but you don't necessarily have to go on a date to accomplish that. There are a number of ways to make your partner feel special. I love this cute pillow that has a secret pouch — perfect for hiding a little love note or gift.
SHOP NOW: Pillow Talk Pillow, $30
Now It's Your Turn!15 of 15
I used my Glo Scrapbook to share my tips for an at-home date night, what will you use yours for?