My Romantic Getaway Scrapbook
- Next1 of 19Glo
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 19Courtesy of PB Travel
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 19Courtesy of Bloomingdales
- Previous Next4 of 19Courtesy of Wet Ones
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 19Courtesy of Real Water
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 19Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 19Courtesy of Flip Camera
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 19Courtesy of Clarisonic
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 19Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next10 of 19Courtesy of Johnson & Johnson
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 19Courtesy of Burt's Bees
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 19Courtesy of Oliver Peoples
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 19Courtesy of Athleta
- Previous NextWant It!14 of 19Courtesy of Emi-Jay
- Previous Next15 of 19Steven Krause for ELLE
- Previous NextWant It!16 of 19Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous NextWant It!17 of 19Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous NextWant It!18 of 19Courtesy of Wiley
- Previous Next19 of 19Glo
- My Romantic Getaway ScrapbookWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
List of Love1 of 19
By Natasha Burton
My boyfriend and I will soon be on a plane to Tahiti, with nine days in paradise ahead of us. (I know, I'd hate me, too.) While I can't wait to get to the islands, what I'm even more excited about is the fact that this is our very first "couple trip," so I've compiled my top product picks to help make this milestone totally magical.
Zzz’s on a Plane2 of 19
We’ll be taking a red-eye flight over to the islands, and I’ll want to be bright-eyed and ready to take in the lush scenery the second we land. This eye mask set will hopefully allow me to catch some zzz’s during the eight-hour flight.
SHOP NOW: Bamboo Blanket and Eye Mask Travel Set, $40
In the Bag3 of 19
For longer trips, I take a tip from my mom and organize my clothing by day — that way I won’t overpack. Since my outfits will consist of sundresses and bikinis, it shouldn’t be too hard to separate them into these nifty packing bags.
SHOP NOW: ETA Travel Accessories Compression Bags, $16
Keep it Clean4 of 19
I’m not usually a germaphobe, but something about prolonged air travel just makes me feel grimy. With a pack of these in my carry-on, I can do a routine wipe-down when needed. After all, icky is exactly the opposite of how I want to feel during a romantic trip with my guy.
SHOP NOW: Wet Ones Sensitive Skin Extra Gentle Wipes in Travel Pack, $3.75
Plenty of Fluids5 of 19
Between the air travel and the Tahitian humidity, hydration could be a struggle. I’ll bring some bottled water packed with antioxidants so the only thing we’ll be thirsty for is — that’s right — adventure.
SHOP NOW: Real Water, $28 for a case
Avid Reader6 of 19
Much of our getaway will be spent just lounging and relaxing in paradise. But since I won’t want to weigh my bags down with books to enjoy, I'll pack a Kindle filled with some must-reads.
SHOP NOW: Amazon Kindle, $189
Candid Camera7 of 19
This is a once-in-a-lifetime vacation, and I want to be sure to capture as many moments as possible on film. While my boyfriend and I will each be bringing a digital camera, I’d also love to have a video recorder like this one so we can really bring home some memories.
SHOP NOW: FlipCam, $250
About Face8 of 19
Aside from traditional vacation-related technology, I’ll be bringing along a beauty gadget as well. I’m obsessed with my Clairisonic Cleaning System, and I’m hoping it will keep my skin so fresh and so clean all vacation long.
SHOP NOW: Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System, $149
Zit Zapper9 of 19
But just in case a pimple rears its ugly head (uh, literally), I’ll bring this tried-and-true product to show that blemish who’s boss. A favorite of celebrities and beauty experts alike, this serum lives up to its hype.
SHOP NOW: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, $17
Midnight Oil10 of 19
Going on a tropical vacation in winter is an awesome idea. However, my skin isn’t cooperative with the fact that I need to show it off in those aforementioned sun dresses and bikinis. I’ll be slathering a heavy-duty moisturizer on the week before my trip so that I’ll be beach-ready.
SHOP NOW: Johnson's Baby Oil Gel, $5
No Pouting11 of 19
Similarly, I’ll want to keep my lips perfectly smooth for all the puckering up I plan to do over the course of our vacation.
SHOP NOW: Burt’s Bees Lip Balm, $3
Shady Lady12 of 19
These structured yet chic sunglasses will complete my island look by framing my face and keeping my eyes protected from the fierce tropical rays.
SHOP NOW: Oliver Peoples Daddy B Glasses, $325
Support Story13 of 19
My guy and I will not only be spending time on the beach and in the water, but hiking and biking around the islands as well. This sports bra is pretty enough to show off and tough enough to keep me supported during our more athletic activities.
SHOP NOW: Athleta sports bras, $29-67
Band Together14 of 19
And just because we’ll be doing some outdoorsy activities doesn’t mean I can’t look cute during ’em. These hair ties will keep my tresses out of my face (and sweat-free, more importantly), while allowing me to look a bit stylish too.
SHOP NOW: Emi-Jay Hair Ties, nine for $5.99
Super Cheeky15 of 19
I’m not planning on wearing makeup on our trip — I’m going to try to go for the whole sun-kissed, dewy-island look — but I’ll bring this great product along to give my cheeks and lips a lift when my man and I go out for dinner. (And, of course, I’ll be slathering on sunscreen all week like it’s my job.)
SHOP NOW: BeneFit Benetint, $28
Adorn Me16 of 19
While I won’t want to bring too much jewelry to Tahiti (I tend to lose things), I will need a little bling to transition my sundresses into nightwear. I love these earrings because of their delicate, nature-inspired shape.
SHOP NOW: Dangle Earrings, $58-176
Light Lingerie17 of 19
Just because the weather will be humid doesn’t mean I’m going to sacrifice sexy sleeping attire. I’ll be packing a couple airy, but still pretty, nighttime outfits. I mean, this is a romantic vacation after all.
Required Reading18 of 19
I’m literally counting the days until our trip (less than a week to go!), and to help feed the anticipation, I’m consulting this book to help my guy and I figure out our trip must-do’s. Since it’s got all the info we need on getting around Tahiti, it’s a must-pack item as well.
SHOP NOW: Frommer's 2011 Guidebooks, $10-17
Now It's Your Turn!19 of 19
I used my Glo Scrapbook to plan all the little details of my look for my Tahitian vacation. What will you use yours for?
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession