Powerful Women You Should Know
- Next1 of 7Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next2 of 7Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next3 of 7Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next4 of 7Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next5 of 7Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next6 of 7Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next7 of 7Courtesy of ELLE
- Powerful Women You Should KnowWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
Beautiful Minds1 of 7
Brilliant: (1) very bright, glittering; (2) striking, distinctive; (3) distinguished by keen mental alertness. Here are six talents—writers, actresses, activists—who epitomize every sense of the word.
Amanda De Cadenet2 of 7
Photographer; host, Lifetime's The Conversation; age 39
"I pretty much wear on the show what I wear every day. Those are my clothes from my wardrobe. I don't wear shoes in my interviews, because I don't wear shoes in my house. Gwyneth Paltrow is wearing what she is wearing because that's what she showed up in."
ON ELLE: See America's Most Beautiful People
Zoe Lister-Jones3 of 7
Writer, producer, actress, this summer's Lola Versus; co-star, NBC's Whitney; age 29
"Lola Versus is a New York–centric film, and it captures our generation, fashion-wise. There's something very authentic and playful in the way my character dresses—I toy with patterns and textures and shapes."
Ellen Barkin4 of 7
Tony Award–winning actress; film producer; age 57
"I know I'm someone who looks like they never change their clothes, because there are ten versions of three styles of L'Wren [Scott]'s dresses in different colors, 30 versions of an almost identical sweater, and ten versions of a black pair of pants. I love fashion, but I just like a uniform."
Adepero Oduye5 of 7
Actress, hit indie film Pariah; age 34
"I'm at a point in my life where I love and appreciate all that I am. I want that to be shown through my clothes. I'm not afraid to work something that shows my hips or has a plunging V-neck, as long as all the girls are in place. I am very proud of it all."
Jennnifer Westfeldt6 of 7
Director, writer, producer, actress, Friends With Kids; age 41
"On Friends With Kids, we filmed during the worst New York winter in 40 years. All the camera lenses were frozen! Our crew was snowed in! But there's something about independent film that inspires you to believe, even in the worst conditions."
Katherine Schwarzenegger7 of 7
Author, Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty From Someone Who's Been There and Back; activist; undergrad, University of Southern California; age 22
"Being young or having an age attached to my exploration of body image through my book didn't mean anything to me. Growing up in L.A., [body image] got pushed in my face a lot; I was eager to start a conversation about our collective experience."
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession