Preppy Guy Candy
- Next1 of 19Glo
- Previous Next2 of 19Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next3 of 19Chris Daniels/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next4 of 19Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next5 of 19Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next6 of 19Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next7 of 19Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next8 of 19Phil Loftus/Capital Pictures/ Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next9 of 19RD/Dziekan/Retna Digital
- Previous Next10 of 19RD/Dziekan/Retna Digital
- Previous Next11 of 19RD/Dziekan/Retna Digital
- Previous Next12 of 19RD/Kabik/Retna Digital
- Previous Next13 of 19GIUSEPPE CACACE/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 19NBC/Photofest
- Previous Next15 of 19Mark Stewart/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next16 of 19Samir Hussein/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 19JEWEL SAMAD/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next18 of 19Paramount/Photofest
- Previous Next19 of 19Bettmann/CORBIS
- Preppy Guy CandyWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
RELA_intro card_Preppy_v01b1 of 19
Chuck Bass2 of 19
By Natasha Burton
With this sly and mysterious Gossip Girl hunk strutting around in a well-tailored suit, prep school never looked so good. XOXO, indeed.
Nacho Figueras3 of 19
Of course Mr. Bass isn't the only man who can pull off the preppy look effortlessly. Ladies, drink in this sexy polo player and Polo Ralph Lauren model and just try not to wish you could stomp his divots. (Wink!)
Ralph Lauren4 of 19
We can't ignore the man responsible for creating a look we love so much. Thank you, Mr. Lauren, on behalf of women everywhere, for allowing men to achieve the supreme quotient of hotness. And good for you for looking so darn cute in that paisley ascot.
Hunky Model #15 of 19
Preppy men, like this Lacoste model, aren't afraid of color. We wouldn't mind hopping on the yacht and sailing over to Hyannis to summer with this fine gent. (As every preppy knows, "summer" is a verb, after all.)
Hunky Model #26 of 19
What we love most about a man who can rock this style is how effortless, yet sublimely gallant, he seems. In case you didn't know, we must divulge that there are many perks to having a preppy boyfriend or husband, the most important of which is that you get to borrow his sweaters, essentially doubling your wardrobe.
Hunky Model #37 of 19
And this more dressed up look isn't so hard on the eyes either. We envision walking on this man's arm en route to a lovely dinner in Provincetown, Cape Cod. (And we can't help but imagine how we'd pair that oversize blazer with some dressy shorts and heels when we get back to the city. ...)
Tommy Hilfiger8 of 19
Slippers on the red carpet are a definite "do" in the preppy world. And we certainly wouldn't mind popping over to Nantucket to hang with the Hilfigers — along with some of this designer's male models in tow, of course.
Tom Ford9 of 19
Another designer who embraces the prep, albeit in a more Upper East Side than Nantucket way, is this bow-tie-rocking gentleman. Seriously, what is it about a guy in a well-tailored suit that gets us all hot and bothered? Men should be required to wear them at all times.
Patrick Robinson10 of 19
Here's another one of our favorite designers sporting this classic look on the red carpet. We'd gladly be the accessory (read: arm candy) to Patrick's super sleek and sexy style any time.
Joshua Jackson11 of 19
It's not just fashion gurus who are giving those good 'ol ascots some action. We much prefer this debonair style to the laid-back, chest-hair-showing look of some celeb men. (Looking at you, Rob Pattinson. We love you. We love your chest hair. We'd just rather see it in private.)
Kyle McLaughlin12 of 19
We can't look at this actor without thinking about his Sex and the City character, Trey. Seriously, does a name get any preppier than that? Wait, don't answer that just yet — Biff, Chip and Tad totally one-up Trey.
Roger Federer13 of 19
He may not be winning any trophies for his style, but if life was a U.S. Open, we would happily bestow Roger a silver gilt cup for his Edgartown-appropriate look. And then we'd request to sit court-side at his next match, so we could ogle him properly.
Carlton Banks14 of 19
It's hard to believe that, not so long ago, the preppy look was portrayed as more silly than sexy on the hit TV show The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. (And, instead of swooning over him, the ladies full-on ran away from poor Carlton and his sweater-over-the-shoulders style.)
Prince William15 of 19
Oh, how we love a man in uniform. If anyone can pull off all white — before and after Labor Day — it's this Brit.
Prince Harry16 of 19
The younger prince is quite the looker as well. We sure wouldn't mind hopping on the back of his horse and letting him ride off with us into the sunset. (Though, that would probably put quite a damper on the polo match.)
President Obama17 of 19
But it's not just British royalty rocking this classic style — our very own President Obama looked quite dapper during his jaunt off to Martha's Vineyard this summer. (And Michelle looked gorgeous, too, as usual.)
Jay Gatsby18 of 19
A gallery of hot preppy men just wouldn't be complete without this famed novel character, portrayed by Robert Redford in the movie adaptation of The Great Gatsby. A mustard-colored tie never looked more dashing.
F. Scott Fitzgerald19 of 19
Of course, we can't forget the man who gave us a glimpse of upper-crust prep culture in his famous book. It appears that Mr. Fitzgerald was quite the proper gent himself with that tailored suit of his. And now if you'll excuse us, we've got a party to attend in East Egg. ...
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession