What to Shop, Watch & Read in April
- Next1 of 12Glo
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of Little, Brown and Company
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of MAC
- Previous Next4 of 12HBO/Photofest
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of Simon & Schuster
- Previous Next6 of 12Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 12AMC
- Previous Next8 of 12via WWD
- Previous Next9 of 12via Uniqlo
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of Ninja Tune
- Previous Next11 of 12INI/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES
- Previous Next12 of 12via Topshop
- What to Shop, Watch & Read in AprilWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
Save the Date1 of 12
By Paige Brettingen
With three designer collaborations, two TV series premieres, and a new album from Kelis (she of the "Milkshake" song fame), our April calendar is filling up fast. Get all the details on these happenings and more with our monthly guide.
"Frog Music"2 of 12
It's the summer of 1876 in San Francisco. While the city is in the midst of a record-breaking heat wave and a smallpox epidemic, the murder of a young woman goes unnoticed. The only one determined to solve the crime is French burlesque dancer Blanche Beunon, a friend of the victim. Written by Room author Emma Donoghue, this latest novel is already being heralded as her greatest achievement.
MAC X Proenza Schouler3 of 12
Despite Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez's usual penchant for minimal makeup on the runways, the Proenza Schouler duo have created a vibrant spring collection for MAC. Look for lipsticks in red and coral and blushes in magenta pink and tangerine—colors reminiscent of the designers' electric-surf and skater-inspired spring 2010 runway collection.
"Game of Thrones" Season 44 of 12
Winter is coming to Westeros as Game of Thrones resumes tonight. Among the many details we're impatient to know (those of us who haven't read the books): Will Jon and Ygritte get back together? If she can stop shooting arrows at him, that is. What will Khaleesi's next move be for the Iron Throne? And will the Lannister's finally get their due? This is going to be good...
"Love Life" Release5 of 12
After the success of his first book—the 2011 best-seller Stories I Only Tell My Friends—Rob Lowe provides us with a follow-up compendium. In Love Life, the actor opens up about relationships, sex, love, addiction and recovery. And once again, his intimate storytelling and candor make it feel like you're reading the confessions of a close friend.
MTV Movie Awards6 of 12
It's not often we get to see Leonardo DiCaprio win for Best Musical Moment. But it could happen tonight at the MTV Movie Awards, which gives out honors for a variety of cinematic achievements—from Movie of the Year to Best Shirtless Performance (naturally, DiCaprio is nominated for that as well)—based on fans' votes. Cast yours and find out the results at 9/8c.
"Mad Men" Season 77 of 12
The show's first season was set in 1960, while its last one begins in 1969, which means times, they are a-changin.' Peggy may or may not have taken over Don's position, Sterling Cooper has opened a west coast office, and Don Draper will have to reckon with his past for once and for all. Tune in at 10/9c on AMC for all the drama, and the groovy style.
"To Tommy, From Zooey"8 of 12
Steal Zooey Deschanel's whimsical, retro-inspired style with her Tommy Hilfiger collection (officially called "To Tommy, From Zooey"), available at Macy's starting today. The 16 dresses range from $98 to $199 and each one is named for one of her friends. How adorkable!
Pharrell for Uniqlo9 of 12
Well, 2014 certainly has been a busy one for Pharrell Williams, who has yet another business venture to add to his résumé. The Oscar-nominated and Grammy-winning singer-songwriter releases his collaboration with Uniqlo today, which includes men's and women's T-shirts and hats that will benefit his "i am OTHER" campaign: a "cultural movement dedicated to Thinkers, Innovators and Outcasts."
"Food"10 of 12
It's hard to believe that it's been 11 years since Kelis's "Milkshake" song brought all the boys to the yard. Her latest album is called Food, and includes at least two edible-themed tracks: "Breakfast" and "Jerk Ribs." Download and dig in.
"The Other Woman"11 of 12
What's scarier than a woman wronged? Three women wronged. That's the premise of The Other Woman, starring Cameron Diaz (as the other woman), Leslie Mann (as the wife) and Kate Upton (as the other-other woman). We're excited to see how the chemistry between this trio of blonds plays out on screen.
Kate Moss for Topshop12 of 12
Kate Moss returns to Topshop after a three-year hiatus to release her latest collection for the brand. Expect to see the return of ten popular pieces from her 2007 Topshop line, along with fashion-forward new items for spring 2014.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession