Could Your Kid Be Cheating in School?
8 sneaky signs that your child may be cutting corners to make the grade
3. Your child fears failing you. You've probably made it clear that you value good grades. Not surprisingly, in Dr. Anderman's studies, one of the reasons kids give for cheating is that they don't want to disappoint their parents. In fact, perceived outside pressure to do well is the biggest predictor that a child will be academically dishonest. To avoid this, and to be fair to your child, examine your motivations for pushing so hard. Ask yourself: Who are you being ambitious for? Is it too much? And look for signs of anxiety in your child, like feeling sick, tired or not wanting to go to school on a regular basis.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 8 Secrets of Sexually Satisfied Couples
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession