Thanks, But No Thanks
10 compliments men hate getting
8. "My husband did the most romantic thing ever."
Don't gush too much to your friends about your man's private gesture. Word travels fast, from your girls to his guys. "There's a lot of talk in male circles about being 'whipped,' and this would fall in that category," says clinical psychologist Andra Brosh, PhD. So he planned a romantic dinner because he loves you? His boys could give him a hard time for the added pressure they now feel to please their wives. If you want to spill, make him look good. Dr. Brosh suggests saying, "We focus on keeping things fresh, and most recently my husband did this." This shines the right light on your man. Though it may invoke a little jealousy in your friends, it's likely to keep his buddies' taunts at bay.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 8 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
9. "I love your tummy flab!"
If you were raving about Ryan Gosling's six-pack yesterday, your husband will hear mixed messages and won't know what to believe. "Guys who spend that much time on their bodies can easily be more focused on themselves than their partners," says Dr. Brosh, who suggests telling your husband that you prefer a man who's a great partner and father than one with great abs. "This will let him know what's truly important to you," and reassure him that he offers those things.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession