The Husband Whisperer
4 Tricks to Communicating With Your Man
The next morning the sleds were gone.
Buoyed by her success, I let my husband watch while I struggled under the weight of two overstuffed laundry bags. When he didn't budge, I tried the more direct approach. “Buck,” I said, using his affectionate nickname, “I really don't think I can lift these bags myself.” Like Maidenberg's husband, he gallantly volunteered to help carry the load. And I'm happy to report that he still does.
4. Reward good behavior — the sexier the better. As a Husband Whisperer, I knew that I needed to employ more positive reinforcement. “Reward your husband for completing a task by doing something you both enjoy, like dinner and a movie,” Alpert suggested. “Women often find men who are good husbands and fathers sexy, so the hint of an even greater reward in the bedroom will almost guarantee success.
Fine, but why should my husband get a gold star simply for being a good citizen of the household? I don't get a pair of diamond earrings every time I clean the hamster cage. Still, it seemed like a mutually beneficial bargaining chip, so I was willing to give it a go.
I let my husband pick from several chores I wanted to hand over, then I told him about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow (sex!) that would be waiting for him if he handled that chore for the next few weeks.
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession