The Secret to a Happy Marriage
Want to know if your love will last? Make sure you have this essential ingredient
- David Lees/Getty Images
Sexual attraction is, of course, something that we all want to feel with our partner. There is nothing like that electrical current that draws two people together. But when it comes to the overall success and failure of long-term relationships, how important is that attraction when compared to a deep friendship between partners?
Friendship is an investment of time spent learning to communicate and assessing your compatibility. We don't typically choose to have friends we have nothing in common with. Instead, our friends are chosen based on respect, the fun we have when we're together and whether their values are similar to our own. When we look at just those three criteria, aren't they the essence of what makes any long-term romantic relationship successful?
ON YOURTANGO: 15 Ways Men Say "I Love You" Without Saying It
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession