The Secret to a Happy Marriage
Want to know if your love will last? Make sure you have this essential ingredient
Psychologist Arthur Aron, who collaborated in a study using FMRI (Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging), found that couples who enjoy regular doses of that "feel good" hormone, dopamine, are not only experiencing romantic love but also enjoy "engaging in self-expanding joint activities that are novel and challenging," which make them more likely to last. The amount of pleasure that couples feel when they are around each other is a tie that binds.
If you focus on things that you both enjoy, nurture your sense of adventure and continue to have open communication, your chances of being together for the long haul are pretty good. And if you are single and you find yourself beginning to feel a different kind of chemistry with a close friend, know that you're in the good company of many couples who have loved and lasted.
TELL YOURTANGO: What's the Best Relationship Advice You've Ever Received?
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession