What Makes Him Feel Like a Man
- Next1 of 12I Love You Man: Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next2 of 12Pineapple Express: Photofest/Columbia Pictures
- Previous Next3 of 12The Hangover: Warner Bros./Photofest
- Previous Next4 of 12Swingers: Miramax Films/Photofest
- Previous Next5 of 12Revenge of the Nerds II: 20th Century Fox/Photofest
- Previous Next6 of 12Crazy, Stupid, Love: Warner Bros./Photofest
- Previous Next7 of 12Why Did I Get Married?: Lions Gate/Photofest
- Previous Next8 of 12Office Space: 20th Century Fox/Photofest
- Previous Next9 of 12The Big Lebowski: Gramercy Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next10 of 12Wedding Crashers: New Line Cinema/Photofest
- Previous Next11 of 12Superbad: Columbia Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next12 of 12Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back: Miramax Films/Photofest
- What Makes Him Feel Like a Man5 Zodiac Signs That Party Hard
- Find out why some signs will never be BFFs
- Hollywood Hunks of Every Sign
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- What Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
Manning Up1 of 12
By Natasha Burton
Despite his penchant for tuning into The Bachelor with you, or joining—and kind of enjoying—Saturday shopping excursions, and maybe, just maybe, getting a little misty-eyed at the end of Forrest Gump, most guys still need some good old-fashioned chest-thumping every now and again. The following guys share their manly men moments.
Martin, 452 of 12
I carry a flashlight, bandana, small roll of duct tape and a pocket knife at all times. These have been instrumental in many "I can handle this" moments, ranging from fixing something on the spot to making an emergency diaper for my child with duct tape and a bandana. Me and three other dads get together every six weeks or so to take on a big home improvement project at one of our homes using power tools and heavy labor, so we don't completely turn into useless desk marshmallow men.
John, 303 of 12
Playing golf with the guys and slamming beers—it's a nice way to escape, let disgusting boys be disgusting boys for a few hours, and then get back to real life. That, or having hours-long conversations about fantasy football.
Brian, 264 of 12
I could make something up about watching football at a bar with the guys or fixing a broken toilet or putting together some complicated piece of furniture, but I honestly feel most like a man when I notice a complete stranger attempting to flirt with me or making eyes from across a crowded bar. I'm quite happily in a relationship, so I don't flirt back, but it's always nice to know that I've still got it.
Jim, 425 of 12
This may be unconventional, but what makes me feel like a man is cooking a spectacular dinner for a woman with the whole kit and caboodle: candlelight, music and, of course, my delicious meal. The other thing that makes me feel manly is being the driver on the long-distance drive.
Dan, 306 of 12
When I lift heavy objects. When I impress my girlfriend with my ability to throw household items long distances into the garbage can and other containers. When I get ready to go out in seven minutes after she toils for an hour with a curling iron. When I explain the intricacies of sports to her. And when I pick her up, put her down on the bed, and make love to her.
Pablo, 647 of 12
Playing the expected role of an artist and designer often means having to tone down my macho side. So after an art show or design presentation, I like to do physical work on my ranch—cutting brush, fixing fences, stacking rock walls, etc. Being outdoors and using my muscles makes me feel free and manly.
Jared, 298 of 12
I feel most like a man when I'm providing for and taking care of my fiancée, whether it's changing a flat tire for her or being there for her when she's not feeling great.
Rob, 389 of 12
Watching and playing sports. Whether I'm watching my NY Giants with my buddies or hounding the tennis court with my racquet, I feel like a warrior.
Justin, 2910 of 12
I shoot guns. And I drive fast (and dangerously) on roads that are probably unsafe for doing those things. But that's also what I do to feel alive.
Neven, 5811 of 12
Just knowing who you are without having to prove it to anyone is the ultimate for being a man. Everything else is just fluff.
Alejandro, 2612 of 12
I feel most like a man when I'm taking a night off from being the boyfriend and head out on the town with my buddies. It doesn't matter what we're doing, but just being around them eases the pressures of a relationship.