What men really want in a woman
- Next1 of 13David Lees/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 13Sara Lynn Paige/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 13Thomas Barwick/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 13Alistair Berg/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 13Uwe Krejci/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 13Justin Case/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 13Guido Mieth/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 13Chris Ryan/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 13Sam Edwards/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 13Karan Kapoor/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 13Janis RoseAnne Severloh/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 13David Lees/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 13Uwe Krejci/Getty Images
- What men really want in a womanSneaky Ways Guys Pick You Up
- The Real Reason You're Having Painful Sex
- Why You Should Be Dating Three Guys At Once
- Ladies, are you a bad kisser?
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- 12 Things Men Never Notice About Women
- How to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
The Real Deal1 of 13
By Lauren Otis for COSMOPOLITAN
We got guys to open up about just what they want in a woman.
Sous Chef2 of 13
"I kind of want the opposite of most guys I know: I'd secretly love a girl that's bad at cooking—all the easier for me to wow her with some of my home-cooked specialties." —Christian B.
Care to Disagree?3 of 13
"I want to be with a girl who, if she's on a different page from me on something, can hold her own in a debate about it. Disagreements can keep things fun." —Andrew H.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 25 Ways to Turn Him On
Intellectual Property4 of 13
"Smart is sexy, so knowledge that eclipses my own would be amazing. I want her to humble me in a way that makes me legitimately appreciate her intellect and approach to conversation." —Max S.
Serious Matters5 of 13
"I want to get serious with a girl who pushes me to have a successful career. It motivates me when I talk to my girlfriend about work and she calls me out on being complacent or not doing everything I can to be the best at what I do. It really helps me to stay focused, especially since the whole reason I'm working is to be able to one day provide for a family." —Ryan G.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: Moves You Think He Likes—But He Really Doesn't
Spice of Life6 of 13
"I want a girl with a sense of adventure—it keeps things interesting. No matter how fun a routine might be, it can get boring eventually. Whether it's taking a cooking class or going skydiving, it's great to be with someone who's open to new things. Dates with my girlfriend can range from trips to the zoo to checking out musicians at a weird, random warehouse party." —Alex R.
Act Your Age7 of 13
"I want a woman who doesn't act like a child when things don't go her way. You've got to be able to lose occasionally and show grace and poise in those moments (And I do too)." —Brady C.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: His 9 Pleasure Triggers
Inner Circle8 of 13
"I need a woman who's trusting and doesn't get jealous easily. Above all, it shows me that she's confident in our relationship and in herself." —Dennis R.
Full of Life9 of 13
"I really fall for someone who has gone through their own trials or tribulations and come out on top as a better person. It's a real test of character." —Oliver M.
Fan of Friends10 of 13
"I want to lock down a girl that gets along with my friends. It's really important because friends can see through the BS that you can't when you're too infatuated with someone. So if she can sway my boys and have them eventually tell me, 'Dude, she's pretty cool,' without my asking them, I would definitely call it a win." —Blake S.
Affection for Faults11 of 13
"Above all, I want a girl who can deal with my faults and love me for who I am, even on my worst days." —Alan A.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 8 Lies Guys Tell to Save Face
Team Player12 of 13
"It's important to me to find someone understanding who realizes and respects that there are certain things that make guys, well, guys. We might not always be interested in the same things as women and might sometimes need our own guy time. As we move closer together in our relationship, certain things will begin to happen as a unit and we'll be a team, but it's still key to me to have someone who allows and understands differences." —Marlon J.
Pillar of Strength13 of 13
"More than anything, I want support. I don't need tons of commonalities—I'd rather a woman back me in the things I'm passionate about that she doesn't have in common with me. She doesn't need to love motorcycles and MMA or breakdancing and cooking, but if she understands and gives unconditional support despite our differences, I think that can really make a relationship." —Luan N.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession