What Message Does Body Language Send?
- Next1 of 10Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: Venturelli/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 10Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next3 of 10David and Victoria Beckham: STEVE SANDS/bauergriffinonline.com
- Previous Next4 of 10Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next5 of 10Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: Venturelli/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 10Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson: PPNY/GSNY/Splash News
- Previous Next7 of 10Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart: Jordan Strauss/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 10Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 10Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi: Jeff Vespa/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 10Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake: Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- What Message Does Body Language Send?What Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
Is It Love?1 of 10
By Maressa Brown for YourTango
As A-listers make the rounds this awards season — and walk the red carpet arm-in-arm with their rumored lovers or partners — they’ll offer a different kind of eye candy for the keen observer: intriguing body language. Here, renowned body language expert Dr. Lillian Glass weighs in on the top cues to look for when you tune in to upcoming Hollywood spectaculars.
One Foot In2 of 10
Feet pointed toward a mate is a clear indication of love, says Glass. Rock royals Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale have often been spotted in this pose. “His foot points toward her, and then his whole body engulfs her,” explains Glass. “This shows they’re a solid unit, and he really supports her.”
ON YOURTANGO: 10 Signs He's in Love
All Feet In3 of 10
This popular and very readable pose of a couple’s feet pointed toward each other demonstrates like-mindedness, says Glass. If his feet are pointed toward her, he really loves and adores her. But the congruent pose indicates a sense of harmony between the two, explains Glass.
ON YOURTANGO: 10 Simple Things Men Want
Tight Waist-Clutch4 of 10
When the man has his arm wrapped around a woman’s waist, it could seem, at first glance, as if the duo is a lovey-dovey pair. But look closer. “If the man’s fingers are digging into her, that’s not a good sign at all,” says Glass. “It definitely indicates stiffness and tension between them.”
Lingering Eyes5 of 10
Although many of our favorite red-carpet walkers are actors by trade, they’re not fooling anyone when they stare into one another’s eyes, a la Angie and Brad. “If you see celebrity couples looking right into each other’s eyes, it’s a sign of tenderness and affection,” explains Glass. “You can feel the love between them.”
ON YOURTANGO: The Secret to Exuding Sexy
Leaning Away6 of 10
A couple standing side by side without touching may appear relaxed initially, but may also be leaning away from one another. Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson have been guilty of this pose. “Leaning away signals that the relationship is very contrived,” explains Glass. “It illustrates that they’re not connected, and one or both may be hiding from the other.”
Hip Check7 of 10
Red carpets can get crowded, and paparazzi often encourage rumored or confirmed celebrity couples to pose together, but there’s no need for hips to touch — unless there’s a lot of chemistry between the pair. “Hips touching indicates sexual attraction,” says Glass. Case in point: Twilight costars-turned-lovers, who recently wrapped the most sexified chapter in the saga.
Looking Forward8 of 10
This dynamic pair is often seen focusing its attention in the same direction when they walk the red carpet. This can be a major cue that the pair is on the same wavelength, Glass shares. What’s more, it shows there’s mutual adoration between the two. “As for Tom and Katie, he absolutely adores her and is taken with her,” observes Glass.
Head-to-Head9 of 10
A body connection doesn’t have to be below the belt to indicate real intimacy, as Ellen and Portia DeGeneres have demonstrated by posing with their heads and/or cheeks touching. This illustrates that “they’re thinking alike, and they’re very in-touch,” says Glass.
Shoulders Touching10 of 10
Hunched shoulders can indicate insecurity issues in a relationship, but relaxed shoulders that touch can signal a strong bond. Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake have been seen on the red carpet striking a happy pose that’s shoulder-to-shoulder. “It means they’re literally shouldering it together, presenting a united front to the paparazzi,” says Glass.
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession