What We Wish We Knew As Teens
- Next1 of 1217 Again: New Line/Photofest
- Previous Next2 of 12She's All That: Miramax/Photofest
- Previous Next3 of 12Ferris Bueller's Day Off: Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next4 of 12Pretty in Pink: Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next5 of 12Napoleon Dynamite: Fox Searchlight Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next6 of 12Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion: Touchstone Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next7 of 12The Breakfast Club: Universal Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next8 of 12Rushmore: Touchstone/Photofest
- Previous Next9 of 12Never Been Kissed: Fox 2000 Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next10 of 12Role Models: Universal Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next11 of 12Clueless: Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next12 of 12Election: Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- What We Wish We Knew As Teens5 Zodiac Signs That Party Hard
- Find out why some signs will never be BFFs
- Hollywood Hunks of Every Sign
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- What Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
If We Could Turn Back Time...1 of 12
While some people may look wistfully upon their teen years, we remember quite a lot of homework, heartbreak and bad hair days. Knowing all too well how tough teen life can be, we’ve compiled some hindsight advice for our younger selves, as well as words of wisdom from our Facebook fans.
Love Who You Are2 of 12
There will always be someone prettier, smarter and/or wealthier than you — no matter what. So learn to love who you are, and do your best to not compete for the impossible.
Have More Fun3 of 12
Some things in life are just downright fun, and should be fun. Don’t get caught up in the stress of it all: college, boys, applications, career goals, life choices... It’s easy to forget to have fun with it all and to simply accept that there is a plan in place for you.
Character Counts4 of 12
This might sound sort of clichéd, but it's helpful to remember: You can't always control what happens in your life, but you can control how you react to it. And it's in those moments that you get to figure out who you are—and how much it matches up with who you want to be.
Awkwardness Fades5 of 12
Braces are totally worth it. Baby fat does go away. And you won’t be the tallest girl in class forever — boys grow. (This really helps with slow dancing.)
Memories Fade, Too6 of 12
When you go to your five-year high school reunion and confront the person who used to say mean things to you, they will, most likely, feel terrible and have forgotten. Also, no one remembers who the prom king or queen was.
Don’t Limit Who You Date7 of 12
Forget about dating your “type.” You'll keep getting stuck with the same guy over and over again, only in slightly different packages. Instead, give yourself the chance to be surprised by someone who is a "type" you had never considered before — one you may not have even known existed.
Think Of Your Career8 of 12
When it comes to choosing what to study in college, remember this: Don’t be a history major unless you want to teach history, and don’t be a television/radio/film major unless you want to move to New York or L.A. and serve coffee.
Don't Rush9 of 12
The following pieces of advice come from our Facebook fans.
"You should take your time. If you rush everything, you will just make a mess and end up cleaning it up in your mid-20s when you should just be hitting your stride." —Kimberly
Tune Out The Haters10 of 12
"Don't worry about what others think of you... It really won't matter when you're 30. And study a language!" —Cheryln
Allow Yourself to Be Pursued11 of 12
"Don't chase boys. It never works out if you are the one doing the pursuing." —Jamie
Just Breathe12 of 12
"I wish I had known all the wonderful experiences and opportunities life was going to have to offer me. Maybe then some of the little things I freaked out about wouldn't have seemed so important." —Chandra