What Your Dreams Mean
- Next1 of 11Thinkstock
- Previous Next2 of 11Thinkstock
- Previous Next3 of 11Thinkstock
- Previous Next4 of 11Stockbyte/Thinkstock
- Previous Next5 of 11Thinkstock
- Previous Next6 of 11Thinkstock
- Previous Next7 of 11Comstock/Thinkstock
- Previous Next8 of 11Thinkstock
- Previous Next9 of 11Brand X Pictures/Thinkstock
- Previous Next10 of 11Thinkstock
- Previous Next11 of 11Thinkstock
- What Your Dreams MeanWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
Just Dreamy1 of 11
By Natasha Burton
While scientists still don't know for sure exactly why we dream, our nighttime visions may tell us something about our waking lives. We asked Michael Vigo, of leading dream interpretation website DreamMoods.com, what the five most popular dream scenarios are — and then we picked five more we were curious about for his site to analyze.
Infidelity2 of 11
This theme kicks off the five most reported dreams. DreamMoods.com interprets it as such: "To dream that your spouse or significant other is cheating on you highlights your insecurities and your fears of being abandoned. You feel that you are lacking attention in the relationship or feel that he or she is being less than affectionate. Alternatively, you feel that you are not measuring up to the expectations of others."
No Bathroom3 of 11
According to DreamMoods.com, "To dream that you cannot find the bathroom or that you have difficulties finding one indicates that you have difficulties in releasing and expressing your emotions. You are holding back your true feelings about something."
Death of a Loved One4 of 11
This one always creeps us out. DreamMoods.com reveals that this type of dream "suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies." The site suggests: "Ask yourself what makes this person special or what you like about them. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances."
Snakes and Spiders5 of 11
Talk about creepy! These are the two most popular critters to encounter in your dreams (er, nightmares) according to Vigo. DreamMoods.com says that "to see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you," while spiders may "indicate that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or perhaps you want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation."
Natural Disasters6 of 11
Rounding out the five most popular dreams is a disaster scenario involving events like flooding and tornadoes. DreamMoods.com reports that this sort of dream "represents your personal anxieties and fears of change. You are afraid of not knowing what is in store for you in the future."
ON WONDERWALL: Star Spirit Animals
Nudity7 of 11
It may not be in the top five most reported dreams, but this one has surely happened to most of us. "Becoming mortified at the realization that you are naked in public reflects your vulnerability or feelings of shamefulness. You may be hiding something and are afraid that others can see right through you ... [or] you may be unprepared in making a well-informed decision," DreamMoods.com says.
Taking a Test8 of 11
High school is over, but it can come back to haunt you in your sleep. DreamMoods.com says that "in such dreams, you may find that you cannot answer any of the questions on the test. Or perhaps you arrive late and miss the exam. These dreams usually have to do with your confidence or the lack thereof. You may also experience the fear of not being accepted, not being prepared or not being good enough."
Pregnancy9 of 11
"To dream that you are pregnant symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal. If you are really pregnant and having this dream, then it represents your anxieties about the pregnancy," DreamMoods.com says.
Sex10 of 11
Ah, the sex dream — we all get 'em. But the kind of sex is key. "Was it passionate? Slow?" asks DreamMoods. "The sex parallels an aspect of yourself that you wish to express. For example, if you dream of having sex in a public place, then the dream implies that others are talking about your private relationship." Or maybe it's been too long since your last roll in the hay.
Falling11 of 11
This one always jolts us awake. "As with most common dream themes, falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities and anxieties," DreamMoods.com says. "When you fall, there is nothing to hold onto. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control ... [which] may parallel a situation in your waking life."
For more dream interpretations, visit DreamMoods.com
- The ultimate guide to freckled skin
- Decor inspiration from your favorite TV shows
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- Never Say These Things About Your Ex
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
- What men really think of 10 fall trends
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession