Why I Hate Halloween
This writer says "boo humbug" to the popular holiday
7. Don't You Have Better Ways to Waste Your Money?
As if I need another reason to shudder at Halloween, a new report from The National Retail Federation says that a record 170 million people will celebrate Halloween this year, spending up to $8 billion on costumes, decorations and, of course, candy.
"The average person will spend $79.82 on decorations, costumes and candy, up from $72.31 last year, with total Halloween spending expected to reach $8 billion," according to the report.
Instead of wasting your money on paper skeletons and candy corn, invest it in a set of floodlights for your front porch. You'll be safe from mischief makers and can enjoy your Anti-Halloween in peace.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession