Why You're Not Married...Yet
The author describes her book as "a hug, a bitch-slap and a guidebook all rolled into one." Find out why
ELLE: Your piece went viral, garnering both praise and criticism for its no-holds-barred stance. Do you find that your tough-love delivery makes for a more meaningful message?
TM: Definitely. Because I was a television writer for many years, I write very conversationally. I put things straight, and with a lot of humor. I'm a blunt person, not mean-spirited. I come from a place of love, but I'm interested in being real. It's not easy, but nothing changes in a woman's life until she gets real with herself.
ELLE: Your candor about your own mistakes definitely helps readers relate, but have you ever had anyone doubt your ability to give effective relationship advice?
TM: There's no question that some people are like, "What do you know, lady? You've been married three times!"
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession