Women We Want to Be Like in 2011
- Next1 of 13Glo
- Previous Next2 of 13Donna Ward/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next3 of 13Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next4 of 13John Spellman/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next5 of 13John Spellman/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next6 of 13Jonathan Delano/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next7 of 13Splash News
- Previous Next8 of 13Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 13Bill Clark/Roll Call/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 13RD/Orchon/Retna Digital
- Previous Next11 of 13PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next12 of 13RD/Kabik/Retna Digital
- Previous Next13 of 13CAMERA PRESS/Mark Stewart/Retna Ltd.
RELA_intro card_GC_v011 of 13
Natalie Portman2 of 13
By Natasha Burton
Resolution: Immerse ourselves in work we love. This actress completely devoted herself to her character in the beautifully twisted film Black Swan. We’d like to show that kind of commitment in our own careers.
Lady Gaga3 of 13
Resolution: Take more style risks. Sure, Gaga’s look is a bit extreme, and we’re not saying we want to emulate her to a T, but we love how she makes every outfit count.
BING VIDEO: Lady Gaga
Emma Watson4 of 13
Resolution: Be brave. After filming of the final Harry Potter film wrapped, this young star chopped off her signature long hair and showed she wasn’t afraid to move into a new phase of her life.
Elizabeth Edwards5 of 13
Resolution: Live with grace. Even though she was battling breast cancer, even though her husband had a very public affair, this woman held her head high. We could stand to do the same in our far less traumatic lives.
Taylor Swift6 of 13
Resolution: Keep our dreams alive. (Aww …) This singer’s fearless optimism makes us nostalgic for our own youth and reminds us that just because we’re getting older, it doesn’t mean we can’t still accomplish our dreams.
BING VIDEO: Taylor Swift
Elin Nordegren7 of 13
Resolution: Have more inner strength. If Elin can work through the mess her former partner created for her — and even begin to date again, allegedly — we can pull ourselves through minor crises no problem.
Kathie Lee Gifford8 of 13
Resolution: Reinvent ourselves. Kathie (and her cohost, Hoda) transformed the final part of the TODAY show from forgotten hour into laugh-out-loud party. We love how Kathie is even more fun to watch than she was when she was partnered with Regis.
Nancy Pelosi9 of 13
Resolution: Stay strong in our convictions. The speaker of the House has gotten flak for sticking to her guns, but we admire how she knows what she believes in and is willing to fight for those principles.
BING VIDEO: Nancy Pelosi
Reese Witherspoon10 of 13
Resolution: Be honest. This actress recently spoke out about her life, her relationships past and present and how hard it is, even for her, to get good film roles as she gets older. Her forthcoming attitude was refreshing, and she’s just as charming as she seems in the movies.
ON WONDERWALL: Reese's Style Hits and Misses
Jennifer Aniston11 of 13
Resolution: Hold our heads high. Tabloids and blogs continually speculate about the state of this actress’s love life, claiming she’s still in love with Brad Pitt and lonely. We love how she doesn’t seem to take these accusations personally or let the press get to her.
Joan Rivers12 of 13
Resolution: Let it all hang out. In A Piece of Work, a documentary about her life, this comedienne not only showed her un-made-up face to the camera, she let her real self shine. We say, if people don’t like you for who you really are, they aren’t worth your time.
Kate Middleton13 of 13
Resolution: Don’t let pressure dictate life. The soon-to-be princess took her sweet time with the whole getting married thing, and we say bravo to that. It’s important to see relationships as evolving entities, not filled with deadlines to be met.
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession