Worst style trends...ever
- Next1 of 8Brooke Shields: Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 8Christie Brinkley: Time Life Pictures/DMI/Time Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 8Joan Collins: Georges De Keerle/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 8RDA/AGIP/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 8Faye Dunaway: Terry O'Neill/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 8Cher: Harry Langdon/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 8Sarah Jessica Parker: Barry King/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 8Dave Benett/Getty Images
- Worst style trends...everWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
So Bad It's Good1 of 8
As we embark on a new year, Glo takes a moment to reflect on the past. With input from our Facebook consortium, we rounded up the most ridiculous style trends of all time. (Not surprisingly, the '80s dominated.) See which fashion fads—like the pouffed sleeves worn by Brooke Shields—earned the dubious honor.
Saving Face2 of 8
Note to self: Do not wear clothes emblazoned with your husband's face. While a classic jean jacket will always be in style, the heyday of embellished denim lasted about as long as a Hollywood marriage.
Shoulder the Blame3 of 8
We can thank '80s soaps including Dynasty and Dallas for popularizing linebacker-like shoulder pads.
Put a Bow On It4 of 8
It's hard to believe that these dresses (from a 1986 Pierre Cardin runway show) were ever considered high fashion.
Her Name Is Rio5 of 8
An androgynous look that neither gender should wear: popped collar, skinny tie and too-big blazer—as sported by actress Faye Dunaway.
Let's Get Physical6 of 8
Cher was a fashion risk-taker, even in the '80s. During that decade's aerobics craze, she went for a full-on fitness look with leg warmers, sweatbands and suspenders—because how else would you hold up your workout bottoms?
She's No Slouch7 of 8
Long before she achieved style icon status, Sarah Jessica Parker fell victim to the slouch sock and pegged jeans trend.
Golden Oldie8 of 8
Model Rachel Hunter, who married Rod Stewart in 1990, went with gold lamé pants in an "If you want my body and you think I'm sexy" moment.