How Celebs Dress 10 Pounds Thinner
- Next1 of 11Jesse Grant/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 11Michael Buckner/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
- Previous Next4 of 11Amanda Schwab/Startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next5 of 11Kristina Bumphrey/Startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next6 of 11Jesse Grant/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 11Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 11Doug Peters/Abaca/startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next9 of 11Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 11Ray Tamarra/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 11Charley Gallay/Getty Images
- How Celebs Dress 10 Pounds Thinner10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
Perfect Fit1 of 11
By Tiffany Tse
We know nothing beats exercise and healthy eating, but sometimes even the best of us need a little help. See how your favorite celebs dress ten pounds thinner, then steal their figure-flattering style ideas.
Waist Not2 of 11
An empire-waist dress skims over your stomach and hips for a flattering, feminine look. To avoid questions like "When are you due?" look for a dress without too much fabric gathered under the bust, like Mindy Kaling's.
That's a Wrap3 of 11
Another forgiving dress style? The wrap dress. Even a faux wrap silhouette, like Allison Williams', helps to shape and define your waistline. Just opt for a non-clingy fabric, like silk or cotton.
Good Point4 of 11
Take a cue from Katie Holmes and team an above-the-knee dress or skirt with a pair of nude pointed-toe heels. The shoes blend in with your skin (try to find a pair that closely matches your skin tone), making your legs look long and lean.
Neck & Neck5 of 11
Certain necklines work better than others when it comes to dressing thinner. Wide boatneck or sweetheart necklines, such as Jessica Chastain's, draw attention to the shoulders and balance out your hips.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Jump Around6 of 11
Create a slimming, seamless silhouette by wearing the same color on top and bottom. Mandy Moore achieves the look in a tailored jumpsuit in flattering black.
Flying Colors7 of 11
If you'd rather draw attention to your upper body, make color-blocking work to your advantage. Rosario Dawson's lighter-on-top, darker-on-bottom dress does the trick.
High Gear8 of 11
No matter what your body type is, you'll benefit from wearing a high-waisted pencil skirt. Not only does it create an hourglass shape like Jennifer Hudson's, the look is also polished and professional.
Gather Around9 of 11
For a dress style that's sexy and slimming, copy Petra Nemcova's ruched number. The subtle draping around the midsection is totally forgiving.
In the Details10 of 11
Keep an eye out for interesting details that will help flatter your figure. For example, Lucy Liu's sophisticated frock has a corset-style print that nips in at the hem and creates a narrow waist.
Short Story11 of 11
Just as the high-waisted pencil skirt flatters your body, so does a pair of high-waisted shorts. Wear them with a solid-colored, tucked-in tank top a la Lauren Conrad.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession