9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Next1 of 10Courtesy of Lord & Taylor; Reiss; Net-a-Porter
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Reiss
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Net-a-Porter
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Avenue32
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Bluefly
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Lord & Taylor
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Romwe
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of The Outnet
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Net-a-Porter
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Net-a-Porter
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should OwnCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
All Grown Up1 of 10
By Tiffany Tse
In your 20s, you experimented with trends—even if they weren't the most flattering—and bought clothes you wouldn't wear next month, let alone next decade. In your 30s, you probably want a more versatile wardrobe that's better suited to your grown-up lifestyle. Check out nine stylish time-tested essentials every woman should own by the time they've reached the big 3-0.
Classic Blazer2 of 10
Sure, hold onto your trusty leather moto or denim jacket. But make sure to have a sharply tailored, single-breasted blazer—preferably in black or navy—in your closet too. It's the most versatile option for a woman in her 30s, and will work for everything from job interviews to after-hours cocktails.
SHOP NOW: Reiss Latin blazer, $370, reiss.com
Cocktail Dress3 of 10
Speaking of cocktails, you'll want one go-to cocktail number that works in a pinch. Make sure the dress's silhouette is a little forgiving (hey, your metabolism's not the same as it was in your 20s). This one by MICHAEL Michael Kors has a slimming knotted front, and it looks equally appropriate for drinks with colleagues as it does for a South Beach bachelorette party.
SHOP NOW: MICHAEL Michael Kors stretch-jersey minidress, $140, net-a-porter.com
Classy Lingerie4 of 10
Single or in a relationship? Doesn't matter—either way, a gorgeous lingerie set is essential. Myla's sexy low-cut bra and lacy thong will make you feel irresistible, something both you and your significant other will appreciate.
SHOP NOW: Myla Morgan high apex bra, $150, and Myla Morgan thong, $90, avenue32.com
Great Heels5 of 10
Another must-have is a pair of high-heeled shoes that make you feel instantly glamorous. Even if you prefer flat or mid-heel footwear most of the time, there's always going to be an occasion—like a first date or girls' night out—when a little sex appeal can't hurt.
SHOP NOW: Rebecca Minkoff Miller black leather sandals, $175, bluefly.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Diamond Studs6 of 10
Treat yourself to at least one precious piece that hints at your sophisticated, grown-up sensibilities. Timeless diamond studs are a wise investment in your jewelry collection, and you don't have to spend a fortune to snag a pair like these Lord & Taylor earrings.
SHOP NOW: Lord & Taylor round-cut diamond stud earrings, $390, lordandtaylor.com
Trench Coat7 of 10
The classic outerwear piece, which was a favorite of style icons Audrey Hepburn and Jackie O., will never go out of style, so find one that works for your figure (look for a shorter, above-the-knee hem if you're petite or a flared A-line cut if you're curvy) and wear it everywhere.
SHOP NOW: Romwe slim khaki trench coat, $71, romwe.com
Cashmere Sweater8 of 10
You appreciate the finer things in life now—at least enough to tell the difference between cashmere and alpaca wool. Invest in a pure cashmere sweater that lends a touch of luxury to your wardrobe and feels incredibly comfortable to boot.
SHOP NOW: Iris & Ink Cherie color-block cashmere sweater, $198, theoutnet.com
Dark-Wash Jeans9 of 10
By your 30s, the search for the perfect pair of jeans should be over. They don't have to be a designer brand, but they should fit you like a glove, give or take a few pounds. Look for a classic silhouette (think: skinny, straight or flared instead of a baggy boyfriend cut) in a dark rinse, and avoid pairs with rips, whiskering or embellishments.
SHOP NOW: Frame Denim Le Skinny de Jeanne mid-rise jeans, $185, barneys.com
Frivolous Piece10 of 10
Blazers and cashmere sweaters are great, but that doesn't mean your entire 30s wardrobe has to be practical. Being self-sufficient means you've earned the right to buy what you want, so if you find a frivolous, splurge-worthy piece that adds some personality to your wardrobe, go for it.
SHOP NOW: Paula Mendoza Hera gold-plated ring, $175, net-a-porter.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession