2011's Top Trends
- Next1 of 12Glo
- Previous Next2 of 12StyleSight
- Previous Next3 of 12Marc Jacobs: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next4 of 12StyleSight
- Previous Next5 of 12Diane von Furstenberg: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next6 of 12StyleSight
- Previous Next7 of 12Derek Lam: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next8 of 12StyleSight
- Previous Next9 of 12Proenza Schouler: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next10 of 12StyleSight
- Previous Next11 of 12Rodarte: Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next12 of 12StyleSight
- 2011's Top Trends9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
beauty_intro Trends_v011 of 12beauty_intro_trends
Super Seventies2 of 12
By Lilah Nicolaidis & Abby Gardner
Always ahead of the the curve, Marc Jacobs hit it out of the park again this season with a blockbuster collection of glamorous '70s-inspired dresses and jumpsuits. Look for these shapes, colors and styles everywhere come spring.
Glamarama3 of 12
The incredible hair and makeup at Marc Jacobs did not disappoint either. It was all glamour, all the way in the form of glitzed-out smoky eyes and strong lips. Makeup artist François Nars said of the look he created: "I wanted them to look like iconic models from the '70s with a modern approach."
Bright & Light4 of 12
Michael Kors turned the spotlight on color this season with every sorbet shade in the spectrum, from raspberry to lemon to tangerine. How do you pull off such a shocking color? In a simple silhouette like this tank dress.
Poppy Pouts5 of 12
Bold and bright lips were all over the runways and the corresponding shades will soon be invading a department or drugstore near you. We especially loved the hot pink lips at Diane von Furstenberg where MAC makeup artist James Kaliardos based the look on Andy Warhol's silkscreen of Diane's lips.
The New Classics6 of 12
Derek Lam is no longer just for fashionistas in the know and with this super-wearable show, filled with refined denim, trench dresses and other luxe basics, the designer proved he has real staying power. Trust us, you'll want to get your hands on these modern, yet timeless looks.
Bright Eyes7 of 12
Derek was also part of a group of designers (including Jason Wu, Oscar de la Renta and Peter Som) who added a pop of color to the eyelids of models. Don't shy away from this trend thinking you can't pull it off. Look how simple and classy it looks here.
Americana8 of 12
For spring, Ralph did what he does best: over-the-top luxury mixed with wearable classics. The overall effect was an elegant showing of high-end Western wear, including plaid shirts, concha belts and a fringed suede coat.
A Perfect Mess9 of 12
Undone hair is one of our favorite trends, as we've never quite mastered that polished look. We're more than ready to embrace the well-placed flyaways and groovy twists seen here at Proenza Schouler, as well as other downtown favorite Rag & Bone.
Minimalism10 of 12
Calvin Klein is synonymous with minimalism, but under Fransisco Costa's direction, the focus has lately been on proportions and this season was no different. The result were sexy and sleek clothes with a very feminine point of view.
On the Side11 of 12
While the middle part will never go out of style, this season designers were all about the deep side part, usually complemented with a large barrette as seen here at Rodarte. And while you may not be into full-on gold lips, be on the lookout for more of the metallic shade in makeup this spring too.
Floral Prints12 of 12
Just like the real deal, floral prints were blooming everywhere this spring, but at Carolina Herrera the trend seemed particularly fresh with oversize botanical prints taking center stage. We can't wait to try this modern take on a classic, ladylike motif.
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession