8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- Next1 of 9Phillip Waterman/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 9Isabel Pavia/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 9blackred/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 9GA161076/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 9JGI/Jamie Grill/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 9Siri Stafford/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 9Tom Hahn/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 9Todd Oren/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 9Mint Images/Britt Chudleigh/Getty Images
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never TriedCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Shop 'Til You Drop!1 of 9
By Tiffany Tse
Thanks to coupon websites and social media incentives, finding deals on your favorite brands (both in-store and online) has never been easier. We rounded up eight smart tips that'll help you cut costs and save money. Happy shopping!
Print Coupons2 of 9
Remember when you used to clip coupons from Sunday's newspaper? Coupon sites now make it easy to search, download and print out coupons for specific retailers. "Valpak.com has a coupon codes section for major retailers like Target, DSW and Gap with deals like free shipping and percentages off select items," says home and lifestyle expert Laura Dellutri. "If you're on the go and forgot your coupons at home, you can download the mobile app to your smartphone and have access to them anytime."
Follow Stores3 of 9
Stores often offer incentives—discount codes, flash sale alerts and more—to their followers on social media networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. "I walked into a boutique and fell in love with a pair of boots," says Dellutri. "The saleslady said if I liked the store on Facebook, I could get 20 percent off any purchase."
Make Friends4 of 9
When you're shopping at discount stores like T.J.Maxx and Marshalls, where merchandise is snatched up quickly, "my best advice is to get to know your local store managers," says style expert Lindsay Albanese. "They'll be able to give you the inside scoop on when new shipments arrive."
Get Cash Back5 of 9
If you're a frequent online shopper, sign up for a free account on Ebates.com. The site gives customers up to 30 percent cash back on popular sites like Shopbop and Sephora. Every three months, they mail you a check or deposit the money you've earned into your PayPal account.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Avoid Shipping Costs6 of 9
Find a cute sweater online that's not available at the brand's brick-and-mortar shop? Certain brands, such as J.Crew, waive shipping and handling costs on online purchases when they're placed in store.
Be Inquisitive7 of 9
Tons of stores offer discounts for college students, but they're not the only ones who receive special benefits. If you're a senior, Banana Republic offers 10 percent off in-store purchases (the percentage varies by city, so double check with your local salesperson), while Loft gives teachers 15 percent off.
Get Sale Alerts8 of 9
Another tool that's made online bargain hunting even easier? Hukkster. The free site allows you to download a button that lives at the top of your web browser. Any time you like an item online, click the button and the site will notify you through text, email or push notification the second your favorite pieces go on sale.
Comparison Shop9 of 9
If you know the style name of an item, use ShopStyle.com to make sure you're getting it for the lowest price. The tool searches hundreds of online retailers and displays every site where the item's available, and for how much.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook