A Modest Proposal
Why covered-up is the new sexy
I'm not the only one intrigued by this breath of fresh modesty. "It's going to be interesting to see how it's reflected on the red carpet," says Jessica Morgan, who blogs about the style choices of celebrities on GoFugYourself.com.
Ever the critic though, Morgan warns, "The long skirt lengths can be unflattering. You don't want to look like a Barnard co-ed in the 1960s." She also mentions how when Demi Moore recently sported a hemline that came to the bottom of her calf, it made her legs look really short.
Sigh. If swizzle stick Demi can't pull off this covered-up trend, then where does that leave me? I decide to consult Janie Bryant, the costume designer of Mad Men. In addition to making demure sweater sets mod again, she won an Emmy for outfitting actresses in high Victorian collars and long skirts on the HBO series Deadwood. Bryant even managed to sex up sharpshooter Annie Oakley.
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession