A Modest Proposal
Why covered-up is the new sexy
With a full-length mirror before me, I decide to apply the Bryant principles to my wardrobe. I belt "BG" and immediately see a difference in my silhouette, but it has lost its hippie flair. I no longer feel like a girl who bakes her own spelt muffins and sometimes strums an acoustic guitar. Of course, I do neither of the above.
"BG" gets pushed to the back of the rack, a relic of an image that I've outgrown. But I dutifully pair my mid-calf length vintage designer skirt with heels and a tight cardigan and see femininity winking my way. A pair of semi-tight tapered Levi's offsets the volume of a big, chunky knit sweater over a T-shirt. I add high-heeled black boots and extend the line of my figure by three inches.
Emboldened by my new outlook, I decide to let my hips go on a spree. I grab my seasons-old, semi-wide Fendi belt, a pair of luxe pumps and my family, and we all head to the local J.Crew. There is a plan. My husband will perch outside the dressing room with our baby daughter, Tess Darling, on his lap and evaluate the new trends.
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession