A Modest Proposal
Why covered-up is the new sexy
My first look, a black wool maxiskirt with a tulip pleat in the back, confuses him. "Is it supposed to drag across the floor?" he asks. "You're like a Zamboni." I glare at him and ask if it's flattering. Nope.
Next up is a big plaid flannel tunic, which I belt and pair with fitted red cords and my heels. It's a bit '80s, but I'm thrilled to feel retro sexy with my upper arms and hips off display. I see myself as a modern-day Molly Ringwald and bite my lower lip. My husband smiles and says, "You look cute and confident."
"But you haven't even looked at my body," I whine as I twirl to give him the rear view. He shrugs, and it hits me that he's not checking out my post-baby hips. He's just happy that I am smiling. And I'm just happy to be shopping again.
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession