Go punk without looking like a poser
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Piperlime/Equipment/J.Crew/Nordstrom
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Intermix
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Joie
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Piperlime
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Equipment
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Piperlime
- Go punk without looking like a poser10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
Punk Rocks1 of 11
By Nicole Mann Novick
You don't have to be hard-core to add a little edge to your wardrobe. From spike-studded ballet flats to distressed denim and delicate studded jewelry, we've found ten stylish pieces with bad-girl appeal.
Distress Call2 of 11
Torn denim is a punk staple. Try a skinny version with holes that aren't too revealing to downplay the look.
SHOP NOW: Current/Elliott jeans, $258
Moto Chic3 of 11
A black motorcycle jacket looks sophisticated and feminine in ultra-soft perforated faux leather.
SHOP NOW: Georgie jacket, $318
Pin Up4 of 11
A safety pin on a denim jacket is too obvious, but as a cheeky hair accessory, it's cool and unexpected.
SHOP NOW: Bless Safety Pin, $20
Pink Lady5 of 11
Neon is a playful nod to the punk movement. Try a Technicolor-hued pencil skirt for a refined alternative.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew skirt, $138
Clutch Play6 of 11
From far away, this sparkly handbag looks classically chic, but up close you'll see that the metallic embellishments are actually small crystal-incrusted skulls.
SHOP NOW: Tasha bag, $178
Vested Interest7 of 11
Give your summer sundress subtle edge with a distressed denim vest.
SHOP NOW: Rag & Bone vest, $187
Come Slither8 of 11
Pair this electric blue snakeskin top with black skinnies and spiked heels for a daring yet ultra-luxe look.
SHOP NOW: Joie tank, $138
Look Sharp9 of 11
Leave the diamond dog collars at home and opt for this more elegant take on spikes.
SHOP NOW: Hive & Honey Bangles, $34
Mesh Around10 of 11
This sweater takes punk and makes it posh, trading typical tattered duds for silk open-knit sleeves.
SHOP NOW: Equipment sweater, $188
Well Heeled11 of 11
We love the contrast of sweet ballet flats embellished with punk rock studs: You can make a feminine first impression, then show off your tough side as you walk away.
SHOP NOW: DV by Dolce Vita shoes, $55
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession