American Idol fashion hits and misses
- Next1 of 11FOX/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 11Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next3 of 11FOX/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 11FOX/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 11Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next6 of 11FOX/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 11FOX/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 11FOX/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 11FOX/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 11Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 11FOX/Getty Images
- American Idol fashion hits and missesCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Style Idols1 of 11
By Brienne Walsh
This season of American Idol is all about girl power: For the first time in the show’s 12-year history, the Top 5 are all female, guaranteeing a woman will win the ultimate title. But while their vocals may hit all the right notes, their fashion choices haven't been so consistent. Here, check out the contestants' fashion highs and lows as the competition comes to a close.
Country Chic2 of 11
HIT: Janelle Arthur is the ultimate girl next door in this sweet turquoise dress and cowboy boots
Wild Thing3 of 11
MISS: We love billowy peasant blouses—except when they're paired with snakeskin miniskirts.
Rock On4 of 11
HIT: Angie Miller looks every bit the rocker chick in this edgy black leather dress with chain detailing and metallic purple nails.
Bad Blow Out5 of 11
MISS: While the pattern on Miller's tank is just a little too busy, the creases in her blown-out bangs are what's distracting us.
Denim Don't6 of 11
MISS: Holcomb should be proud to show off her killer legs, but denim cut-offs should only be worn to the beach.
White Hot7 of 11
HIT: Amber Holcomb channels Bianca Jagger in this perfectly tailored black-and-white pantsuit.
Prints Charming8 of 11
HIT: The geometric patterns on the sleeves of Kree Harrison's blazer add intrigue to her chic monochrome ensemble.
Laundry Day9 of 11
MISS: Unfortunately, the print on this T-shirt makes it look like something you'd wear to the Laundromat.
Cherry Pick10 of 11
HIT: This pop of red was a refreshing change from Candice Glover's standard all-black uniform.
Cut It Out11 of 11
MISS: We love Glover and her amazing voice, but these tight leather pants and shoulderless blouse don't do her body justice.