Ask The Style Editor
- Next1 of 11Istockphoto
- Previous Next2 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next3 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next4 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next5 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next6 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next7 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next8 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next9 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next10 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next11 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Ask The Style EditorCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Fall's Hottest Trends1 of 11
Fall fashions are now hanging on the racks of your favorite stores, but what are the trends to try and how do you make them work for you? Glo Style Editor, Lilah Nicolaidis, explains how to wear fall's hottest trends.
Equestrian2 of 11
One of our favorite trends, equestrian, is back for another go-round and we’re seeing jodhpurs, cropped jackets and vests, like here at Christian Dior. Go for a pair of tall flat boots in black or brown for a simpler way to try this trend on for size.
SHOP NOW: Riding Boots, $260
Something Metallic3 of 11
There were so many glittering moments this season but this stunning dress from Dries Van Noten pretty much sums up the look. If you can’t justify a metallic solo, try a blouse or a top for a touch of shine that’s still on trend.
SHOP NOW: Metallic Top, $395
The Fifties4 of 11
The '50s are making a comeback and we promise you can wear this trend — just go for a scoop neck top and a full skirt that falls just below the knee to mimic the era’s famous silhouette. A beehive pinned back with a headband only adds extra chic to your look. Mille grazie, Prada.
SHOP NOW: Fifties Inspired Dress, $200
Tailored Menswear5 of 11
Try an elegant tailored suit at the office, then wear the jacket on the weekend with jeans and a t-shirt. We recommend navy pinstripe as a classic fall style, like this look from Balmain.
Long Full Skirts6 of 11
Step outside your comfort zone and try a longer, fuller skirt for day. The length should be almost to your ankle, while the waist should be gathered and the skirt full. Wear this sophisticated look with a simple tee (or a cropped jacket as shown at Louis Vuitton) and we guarantee you’ll feel polished.
SHOP NOW: Long Full Skirt, $238
Utilitarian Chic7 of 11
Exaggerated lapels and decorated epaulettes stormed the runways but our favorite uniform-esque references were separates in chic shades like khaki and military green, like this look from Celine.
SHOP NOW: Utilitarian Chic Dress, $264
Head-To-Toe Color8 of 11
Color was all over the fall runways and we particularly loved the monochromatic looks, like this gem from Rachel Roy. If one color overall is too dramatic for you, try a long layer in a bold color to satisfy your color cravings.
SHOP NOW: Long Cardigan, $49
The Twenties9 of 11
Beaded embellishments will be on all the racks of your favorite stores, with styles paying homage to the flapper glamour of the '20s. If a beaded dress (like this Alberta Ferretti number) is too over-the-top for your taste, try an embellished bag, belt or scarf to ease into this trend.
SHOP NOW: Beaded Bag, $78
Sweater Dressing10 of 11
This fall, sweaters are chunky and bold with knit embellishments and exaggerated shapes. You don’t need to go as avant garde as Michael Kors, but try a cowl neck, a voluminous crew or an oversize collar as a way to get in on this trend.
SHOP NOW: Bold Knit, $365
Minimalism11 of 11
This trend appears with regularity every season (especially at Calvin Klein) and a shift dress is a fool-proof way to wear this look with confidence.
SHOP NOW: Shift Dress, $100
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession