Back To Basics
- Next1 of 15Glo
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 15Courtesy of Banana Republic
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 15Courtesy of Old Navy
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 15Courtesy of La Garçonne
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 15Courtesy of Charm & Chain
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 15Courtesy of Old Navy
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 15Courtesy of Tory Burch
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 15Courtesy of La Garçonne
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 15Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 15Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 15Courtesy of Gap
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 15Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 15Courtesy of My Theresa
- Previous NextWant It!14 of 15Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous NextWant It!15 of 15Courtesy of J. Crew
- Back To BasicsCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Intel_BacktoBasics1 of 15intro Intel back to basics
Heightened Awareness2 of 15
By Laurie Trott A neutral everyday pump gives any work outfit instant polish.
SHOP NOW: Banana Republic Shoe, $120
In The Trenches3 of 15
The classic trench gets a stylish upgrade with a faux fur collar.
SHOP NOW: Old Navy Trench Coat, $100
That's A Wrap4 of 15
A wrap-style dress flatters every figure and is appropriate for almost any occasion.
SHOP NOW: Rachel Comey dress, $414
Dropping In5 of 15
Add a touch of sparkle to an ordinary look with a pair of dramatic drop earrings.
SHOP NOW: Gerard Yosca earrings, $125
Cardinal Virtue6 of 15
Red is definintely a "notice-me" color, but who doesn't need a little of that once in a while?
SHOP NOW: Old Navy turtleneck, $20
Carry All7 of 15
Don't skimp on your wallet; choose a style with plenty of room for all your cards and bills that can double as a clutch bag.
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch Wallet, $250
Top Billing8 of 15
A fluid silk top in a shade that works with both jewel tones and jeans is a fashion staple.
SHOP NOW: Opening Ceremony blouse, $334
Charm School9 of 15
A pretty little wisp of a necklace accentuates your neckline and will make more of a statement than you think.
SHOP NOW: Bing Bang necklace, $150
Lace Case10 of 15
A lacey layer always looks great under a button down or blazer.
SHOP NOW: Hanky Panky Camisole, $42
Starry Night11 of 15
You can wear flats at night, just choose a style with a bit of shimmer to make them evening-appropriate.
SHOP NOW: Gap ballet flat, $50
Be Dazzled12 of 15
A sparkling scarf is a great pick-me-up for the dull days of winter.
SHOP NOW: DAY Birger et Mikkelsen scarf, $160
See the Light13 of 15
Invest in a timeless pair of avaiators that you'll reach for every day.
SHOP NOW: Ray-Ban Sunglasses, $192
Standard Form14 of 15
The peacoat is a classic, especially in a traditional navy blue, and well worth the splurge.
SHOP NOW: Burberry Coat, $695
Button Up15 of 15
A basic black cardigan with feminine elements like silk ruffles is an indispensable layering piece.
SHOP NOW: J. Crew cardigan, $60