Backstage at the Victoria's Secret Show 2013
- Next1 of 11Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 11Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Victoria's Secret
- Previous Next3 of 11EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 11Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Victoria's Secret
- Previous Next5 of 11Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Victoria's Secret
- Previous Next6 of 11Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 11D Dipasupil/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 11Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 11Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Victoria's Secret
- Previous Next10 of 11Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 11Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Victoria's Secret
- Backstage at the Victoria's Secret Show 201310 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
Backstage Confidential1 of 11
By Tiffany Tse
The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show may not be part of Fashion Week, but it's still the biggest runway extravaganza of the year. The 12th annual show was filmed on Wednesday evening at the Lexington Avenue Armory in New York City, but it won't air until Dec. 10 on CBS. In the meantime, go behind-the-scenes to find out how the Angels get runway-ready.
Gold Standard2 of 11
South African Angel Candice Swanepoel was selected to wear this year's Fantasy Bra, valued at $10 million and designed by Pascal Mouwad. What's behind the whopping price tag? A 52-carat pear-shaped ruby, which dangles from the center of the bra, and 4,200 diamonds, yellow sapphires and other precious stones set in 18-karat gold.
Prep Time3 of 11
Sure, the Victoria's Secret models are genetically blessed, but they also get help! Backstage, an army of 26 makeup artists, 22 hairstylists and eight manicurists attended to the 36 catwalkers.
Funny Face4 of 11
Leave it to Cara Delevingne to ham it up for the camera—literally. We spotted her snacking on bacon backstage.
All Smiles5 of 11
There's a reason why Brazilian model Adriana Lima looks so happy! She's walked in every VS Fashion Show since 2000—even last year, just two months after giving birth— making her the most veteran Angel of the bunch.
Girl Talk6 of 11
Karlie Kloss gossiped with Alessandra Ambrosio backstage. Perhaps they were chatting about this year's headliner, Taylor Swift, who's confessed to wanting to be friends with Kloss before.
En Pointe7 of 11
How did Lindsay Ellingson make sure her body was in tip-top shape? Ballet classes! The American model, who wore a 3-D-printed snowflake costume in the show, managed to squeeze in a last workout two days before the big night.
Model Friends8 of 11
Namibian model Behati Prinsloo, who recently got engaged to Maroon 5's Adam Levine, posted a photo of VS models reuniting the night before—on the glitter-covered catwalk, of course!
Say Cheese9 of 11
While taking a break from their makeup chairs, models Jessica Hart and Ieva Laguna snap a quick selfie on Hart's phone—which comes with a shiny pink cover, of course!
New Guard10 of 11
Although some beloved Angels were missing from the catwalk this year (Miranda Kerr), there were a few fresh faces, such as 18-year-old Kelly Gale, a Swedish model of Australian and Indian ethnicity.
Shoe Thing11 of 11
While the sexy lingerie clearly gets most of the attention, don't forget to look further south—particularly at the shoes—as the models strut down the runway. British designer Nicholas Kirkwood created fantastic footwear to complement each look.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession