Behind Adele’s sultry Elle photo shoot
- Next1 of 22Glo
- Previous Next2 of 22Thomas Whiteside
- Previous Next3 of 22Thomas Whiteside
- Previous Next4 of 22Thomas Whiteside
- Previous Next5 of 22Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 22Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 22Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 22Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 22Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 22Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 22Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 22Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 22Danny Martindale/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 22Jon Furniss/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 22Tony Oudot/FilmMagic
- Previous Next16 of 22Donna Ward/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 22Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- Previous Next18 of 22Andreas Rentz/Getty Images
- Previous Next19 of 22Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next20 of 22Getty Images
- Previous Next21 of 22Ray Tamarra/Getty Images
- Previous Next22 of 22Getty Images
- Behind Adele’s sultry Elle photo shootWhat To Buy and Wear Now
- ELLE 2013 Beauty Genius Awards
- Dry idea: Shampoo sans water
- Sneaky styling tricks to hide your trouble spots
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- Starting Over
- Outrageous wedding cakes, favors, venues & more
- Play dress up in spring's hottest accessories
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
INTRO-Elle-Adele1 of 22
Grand Tradition2 of 22
Photographer Thomas Whiteside:
"We photographed Adele at L.A.'s iconic EastWest Studios, where Frank Sinatra recorded his greatest hits."
Retro Active3 of 22
ELLE Creative Director Joe Zee:
"The set reflected Adele's retro crooner style perfectly"
High Note4 of 22
"It was also my birthday, and she sang 'Happy Birthday' to me—best present ever!"
ON ELLE: Adele's shoot in the May issue of ELLE
See more of Adele’s shoot in the May issue of ELLE, on newsstands April 23. In the meantime, click through the slides to see the star's best fashion moments over the years.
Shine On5 of 22
The “Skyfall” singer sparkled at this year's Academy Awards in a beautiful beaded gown by Jenny Packham. Later that evening, she took home an Oscar for Best Original Song.
Lacey Lady6 of 22
Rarely opting for color, the songstress wowed at the Grammys in a red lace Valentino couture gown that was shortened just for her.
ON ELLE: The History of Red Lipstick
Perfect 107 of 22
The singer’s signature "talon" nails added some edge to her prim boatneck Burberry dress at the most recent Golden Globes.
Sheer Genius8 of 22
The Tottenham-native stunned in a sheer-sleeved Burberry Prorsum dress at the 2012 BRIT Awards in London, England.
Glamour Girl9 of 22
Adele was the epitome of elegance at the 2012 Grammy Awards in a Giorgio Armani sequined gown, loose blond waves and a bold red mouth.
Black Beauty10 of 22
At the MTV Video Music Awards in L.A., Adele complemented her midi-length Barbara Tfank LBD with a teased bouffant hairstyle.
Gold Star11 of 22
Adele attended the CMT Artists of the Year event wearing a vintage black and gold brocade number in Franklin, TN.
Buckle Up12 of 22
The songstress picked up the Grammy for Best New Artist at the 51st annual ceremony in a belted A-line dress.
Hippie Chic13 of 22
The singer was spotted on the streets of London in a tie-dyed top, with an over-size bag and a low, polished bun.
Pony Up14 of 22
Eschewing her usual '60s bouffant for a sleek ponytail, Adele looked fresh and modern at the 2011 Echo Awards.
Fur Sure15 of 22
Looking glamorous as always, the singer stepped out in a plaid fur-lined cape and velvet scarf with a studded bag.
Show Stopper16 of 22
Outside David Letterman, Adele looked sweet in a flowy Louis Vuitton scarf and with her customary luscious lashes.
Retro Grade17 of 22
Known for her retro style, the singer sported a tea-length skirt and kitten heels to VH1 Divas in 2009.
Dark Angel18 of 22
In—you guessed it—all black, the singer looked perfectly lovely in her midnight shade of choice at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards.
Green Goddess19 of 22
Rarely veering from head-to-toe black, the star turned heads at the Grammys in a chartreuse satin jacket.
Tickled Pink20 of 22
The star pairs a tiered black dress with a black and pink cardigan at the Mercury Music Awards in London.
Hat Trick21 of 22
At an early Letterman appearance back in 2008, Adele chose a red beanie, cardigan and jeans.
Fine Lines22 of 22
Adele rocked the BRIT Awards red carpet in a black and beige tunic, black jeans, and a structured coat with lace detailing.