Cannes Film Festival Kick-Off
- Next1 of 19George Pimentel/FilmMagic
- Previous Next2 of 19Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 19Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 19Chris Ashford/CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next5 of 19Dave Hogan/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 19Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 19Tony Barson/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 19Baverel-Garcia/Starface/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next9 of 19Chris Ashford/CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next10 of 19Baverel-Garcia/Starface/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next11 of 19Beverel-Garcia/Starface/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next12 of 19Tony Barson/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 19Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 19Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 19Badi-FTW/Starface/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next16 of 19Chris Ashford/CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next17 of 19Peter Kramer/Getty Images
- Previous Next18 of 19Paul Smith/Futurefish/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next19 of 19Jeff Vespa Archive/WireImage
- Cannes Film Festival Kick-OffCeleb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
Sharon Stone, 20091 of 19
By Lilah Nicolaidis
The Cannes Film Festival starts today. Click through to see the event's most memorable fashion moments in history.
At the premiere of Inglourious Basterds, Sharon Stone showed so much leg in a dramatic Balmain dress that she managed to steal the show.
Diane Kruger, 20092 of 19
Diane Kruger can do no wrong in our eyes, but this incredible draped back Marchesa number is one of our all time favorite looks.
Penelope Cruz, 20093 of 19
Penelope Cruz looks anything but broken at the Broken Embraces film premiere in this lilac Marchesa gown with beaded bodice.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL: Penelope’s Style Through the Years
Marion Cotillard, 20094 of 19
Marion Cotillard captured our hearts as Edith Piaf in La Vie en Rose. We love this 40s-inspired beaded Christian Dior gown, perhaps inspired by her costumes from the film.
Dita Von Teese, 20095 of 19
Dita Von Teese was definitely dressed like a star in this intricate Jean Paul Gaultier gown.
Tilda Swinton, 20096 of 19
We love Tilda Swinton’s avant-garde style, but it’s also nice to see her in a very wearable outfit for once. The rich color and minimalistic shape of this Haider Ackerman dress, accented with a jacket, would look great for any fancy occasion.
Paris Hilton, 20097 of 19
“Paris Hilton terrorizes Cannes” was just one of the headlines when the socialite touched down in the South of France last year. We think that's too dramatic, but this Basil Soda dress does seem a bit much.
Natalie Portman, 20088 of 19
Natalie Portman chose the Cannes carpet to premiere a dress from Lanvin’s famous “color” collection that was instantly coveted by women around the world.
Madonna, 20089 of 19
Fashion film critics applauded Madonna’s shimmering Chanel Haute Couture gown. Her film, I Am Because We Are, about the plight of Malawian orphans, was also well received.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL: Fantasy Casting Madonna’s Life
Gwyneth Paltrow, 200810 of 19
Ladies take note: This is how you do understated elegance. Gwyneth Paltrow’s sublime navy Chanel gown and sparkling Roger Vivier shoes would work for any black tie occasion.
Angelina Jolie, 200811 of 19
We like this simple sheath by Thomas Wylde, but that scorpion print might have been a signal from the extremely private star. …
RELATED ON WONDERWALL: See More Pics of Angelina
Cate Blanchett, 200812 of 19
Cate Blanchett shows us precisely how a movie star should hit the Cannes carpet: in a stunning gray Armani Privé gown and decadent beaded necklace.
Bar Refaeli, 200713 of 19
Model Bar Refaeli is just plain gorgeous in this strapless Elie Saab gown. Glowing skin, hair and dress — no wonder this golden goddess graces the cover of so many magazines.
Kirsten Dunst, 200614 of 19
As Queen Marie Antoinette, Kirsten Dunst wore over-the-top gowns with lace and jewels, so it was wonderful to see her in a simply elegant pale violet dress with swallow details by Rochas.
Beyoncé Knowles, 200615 of 19
Beyoncé sure looks like a dream girl to us in this floral print dress from her own line, House of Deréon.
Audrey Tautou, 200616 of 19
Adorable Audrey Tautou wins in this playful white Balmain dress with shoulder ruffle and gold shoes.
Halle Berry, 200617 of 19
As Storm in X-Men: The Last Stand, Halle Berry wore a high-necked, long-sleeve leather costume — perhaps that’s why she chose this revealing Reem Acra dress for the film’s premiere.
Charlize Theron, 200418 of 19
Charlize Theron wasn’t in De-Lovely, but she sure looked the part at the film’s premiere in this sea foam green satin Christian Dior Couture creation.
Nicole Kidman, 200319 of 19
Nicole Kidman epitomized red carpet glamour in this floor length Christian Lacroix for Emilio Pucci gown, accented by some seriously sparkling Bulgari cuff bracelets.