12 Trench Coats For Every Style Under $150
- Next1 of 13Burberry Prorsum Spring 2014 / Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 13Courtesy of Mango
- Previous Next3 of 13Courtesy of SheInside
- Previous Next4 of 13Courtesy of Dorothy Perkins
- Previous Next5 of 13Courtesy of Chicnova
- Previous Next6 of 13Courtesy of Yoox
- Previous Next7 of 13Courtesy of River Island
- Previous Next8 of 13Courtesy of Miss Selfridge
- Previous Next9 of 13Courtesy of L.L.Bean
- Previous Next10 of 13Courtesy of H&M
- Previous Next11 of 13Courtesy of Zara
- Previous Next12 of 13Courtesy of Target
- Previous Next13 of 13Courtesy of Yoox
- 12 Trench Coats For Every Style Under $150Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
In the Trenches1 of 13
By Zoe Jones
The trench coat's come a long way from its British military background. The fashion staple is everywhere now, in a variety of different cuts, colors and fabrics. Whether you prefer the classic look or something more glamorous, here are our 12 favorites for every personality—all under $150.
For the Professional2 of 13
Power shoulders are in this season, so tap into the trend by draping Mango's military-inspired trench over your 9-to-5 suit.
SHOP NOW: Mango puffed shoulder cotton trench coat, $100, mango.com
For the Cool Girl3 of 13
This trench coat's slouchy shape and floral print make it playful. Try it over a knit sweater and pleated skirt this fall.
SHOP NOW: SheInside floral oversized trench coat, $67, sheinside.com
For the Fashion Lover4 of 13
A subtle animal print livens up Dorothy Perkins' cream coat, which boasts a contemporary, slightly boxier shape.
SHOP NOW: Dorothy Perkins cream animal print trench coat, $89, dorothyperkins.com
For the Trendsetter5 of 13
For a coat that makes a statement, opt for this contrast-color version of the classic camel trench.
SHOP NOW: Chicnova contrast color cotton & chiffon blend coat, $77, chicnova.com
For the Traveler6 of 13
Jetsetters will appreciate this casual cotton trench, comfortable for long plane rides and road trips. Team it with jeans and ankle boots for a stylish on-the-go ensemble.
SHOP NOW: Vintage 55 full-length jacket, $128, yoox.com
For the Classicist7 of 13
The timeless cut and color of this trench coat will have people guessing you're wearing Burberry. Little will they know you got it for a fraction of the price…
SHOP NOW: River Island beige classic long mac, $70, riverisland.com
For the Glamour Girl8 of 13
The quintessential trench gets updated with a sexy leopard print. Style Miss Selfridge's full-skirted coat over a little black dress and heels for a night out.
SHOP NOW: Miss Selfridge leopard print mac, $95, missselfridge.com
For the Outdoorsy Girl9 of 13
L.L.Bean's double-breasted trench comes in a wrinkle- and water-resistant fabric, making it practical for braving the elements. Treat the military green hue like khaki or black—it's so versatile it goes with nearly everything in your closet!
SHOP NOW: L.L.Bean commuter trench coat, $80, llbean.com
For the Minimalist10 of 13
H&M's simple, sleek version has an extra fitted silhouette and a sash belt to highlight your waistline.
SHOP NOW: H&M trenchcoat, $60, hm.com
For the Prepster11 of 13
A shorter trench works well for transitional weather. Layer Zara's cropped jacket over a striped top and ankle-length pants for a decidedly preppy look.
SHOP NOW: Zara short crossover trench coat, $100, zara.com
For the Detail-Oriented12 of 13
Pastel blue lining gives fresh appeal to this affordable 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target trench, which will lend instant polish to your casual weekend separates.
SHOP NOW: 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target trench coat, $56, target.com
For the Sophisticate13 of 13
Thanks to its ruffled lapels and feminine shape, this ladylike trench is perfect for layering over your evening dresses.
SHOP NOW: Darling full-length jacket, $109, yoox.com