- Next1 of 16Photographed by Stefanie Keenan, Styled by Alexis Jonnson
- Previous Next2 of 16Courtesy of AE
- Previous Next3 of 16Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next4 of 16Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next5 of 16Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next6 of 16Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next7 of 16Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 16Courtesy of Max & Chloe
- Previous Next9 of 16Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next10 of 16Courtesy of Madewell
- Previous Next11 of 16Courtesy of J. Crew
- Previous Next12 of 16Courtesy of French Connection
- Previous Next13 of 16Courtesy of AE
- Previous Next14 of 16Courtesy of Steven Alan
- Previous Next15 of 16Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next16 of 16Courtesy of Abercrombie
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
Show Your Stripes!1 of 16
By Nicole Mann Novick
Let’s face it, you can never go wrong with stripes. But this season, this timeless print will become a must-have. From nautical pants to cheeky knee socks, we’ve found the standout takes on a modern classic.
Keep Your Hat On2 of 16
Masculine tailoring is a big look for spring. Ease into it with a sleek straw fedora.
SHOP NOW: AE hat, $15.50
The Bees Knees3 of 16
Bright stripes give a dose of nostalgia to grown-up knee socks. Show them off with shorts or wear them discreetly for personal amusement.
SHOP NOW: Topshop socks, $15
Top Brass4 of 16
Go nautical in navy and white with brass buttons. A plain white tee will give an out-there pair balance.
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch pants, $165
Rain Check5 of 16
April showers continue through May but there’s no reason to forego style while staying dry.
SHOP NOW: Joules boots, $57
Pump Up The Volume6 of 16
The wide stripes on these kitten heels add a shot of prep factor.
SHOP NOW: Naughty Monkey pump, $54.95
Straight Jacket7 of 16
A demure jacket is a posh canvas for a bold print.
SHOP NOW: Milly jacket, $395
Knock, Knock8 of 16
Double down your downtown style with this multi-band gold ring.
SHOP NOW: Erica Anenberg ring, $90
Technically Speaking9 of 16
Forget form over function. Even your basic carrying case deserves a punch of color.
SHOP NOW: Marc by Marc Jacobs iPad case, $60
Get Waisted!10 of 16
Accentuate your waist by cinching a khaki silk shirtdress with this canvas belt.
SHOP NOW: Madewell belt, $48
Sparkle & Shine11 of 16
Embellishments give basic stripes a boost.
SHOP NOW: J. Crew sweater, $102.40
Form Meets Function12 of 16
Pair a formfitting dress with sexy heels and take your stripes out on the town.
SHOP NOW: French Connection dress, $98
Give Back13 of 16
We not only love this tote’s ikat interpretation, but it’s also designed for a good cause in partnership with Unicef’s FEED foundation.
SHOP NOW: AE tote, $39.50
Tank Girl14 of 16
Prison stripes never looked so chic. Pair a racer-back tank with jeans and a blazer now and with denim cutoffs later.
SHOP NOW: Edith A. Miller tank, $56
Know When To Fold 'Em15 of 16
Who says that stripes need to be horizontal? Mix things up with variations on the print for a cheeky alternative.
SHOP NOW: Anthropologie skirt, $188
Sucker Punch16 of 16
Try seersucker for a retro take on today’s big trend.
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession