Hit or Miss: Which Swimsuit Wins?
- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous Next2 of 11Marisa Miller: Splash News; Hilary Duff: Starsurf / Splash News
- Previous Next3 of 11Julianne Hough: Keypix / Splash News; Heidi Montag: Denise Truscello/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 11Kim Kardashian: Brian Prahl/Splash News; Ashlee Simpson: Splash News
- Previous Next5 of 11Taylor Swift: Splash News; Ke$ha: Scope Australia/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next6 of 11Glo
- Previous Next7 of 11Lucila Solá: Gigi Iorio/Splash News; Snooki: Vallery Jean/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 11Ashley Tisdale: Jeff Steinberg/Matt Smith/PacificCoastNews.com; Kate Bosworth: Splash News
- Previous Next9 of 11Gwyneth Paltrow: Islandpaps/Splash News; 'Coco': Pichichi/Splash News
- Previous Next10 of 11Jamie King: Splash News; Kim Cattrall: MAP/Splash News
- Previous Next11 of 11Carla Bruni: PacificCoastNews.com; Tori Spelling: Smith/Steinberg/Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com
Celebkini_v021 of 11
Skimpy Halter Top2 of 11
by Zoe Schaeffer
HIT: It's hard to imagine a Sports Illustrated model looking anything less than flawless in a bikini, and here, Marisa Miller's perfectly toned physique looks cover-worthy.
MISS: A halter can overemphasize broad shoulders. Hillary Duff would be better off with a classic spaghetti-strap style.
Prints3 of 11
HIT: Julianne Hough successfully shows us that tiny prints look sweet and feminine on a boyish figure.
MISS: Heidi Montag's patterned suit draws your eye to areas that don’t require any more attention. We say bring on the solids!
Low-rise Bottoms4 of 11
HIT: Low-cut anything shows off a curvy figure like Kim Kardashian's. We can tell that the reality star is super confident—and if we had that body, we would be too!
MISS: Although we think Ashlee Simpson has a killer body, her boyish figure would look better in a high-cut one-piece.
High-Waisted5 of 11
HIT: This hard-to-wear look calls for someone with a tall, slim silhouette. Taylor Swift works the style with success and even rocks some throwback shades, to boot.
MISS: A high-waisted look is difficult to pull off without perfect proportions and a whole lot of sass. Ke$ha's bottoms look like granny pants, making the pop star look frumpy—which we didn't think was possible!
Cutoff Cover-up6 of 11
HIT: Katie Holmes’s low-rise shorts make her waist look tiny and add a little oomph to the outfit.
MISS: We can’t get enough of British pop artist Ellie Goulding, but we have had enough of these jean shorts. A low-slung sarong would more suited to show off her flat tummy.
One Piece7 of 11
HIT: Lucila Solá's black conservative suit elongates her slender figure while providing enough support.
MISS: We’re all for Snooki choosing a one-piece, but the side cutouts don’t flatter her fuller figure.
Bandeau Top8 of 11
HIT: Ashley Tisdale has just the right amount up top to fill out her near-strapless style.
MISS: Small-chested girls only look less-endowed in a body-hugging bandeau. We’ve seen Kate Bosworth look fabulous in styles with more lift and shape.
String Bikini9 of 11
HIT: Gwyneth Paltrow works her string style with ease because of her proportionate—not to mention seriously toned—figure.
MISS: Coco, rapper Ice-T’s other half, makes us blush with this barely there bikini. Cover-up to the beach, stat!
Retro10 of 11
HIT: Jaime King's one-piece looks runway-ready. Her naturally elongated frame lends itself to a hip-hiding, full-coverage bottom.
Miss: We applaud Kim Cattrall for braving this vintage look, but a larger top with more structure would balance out such a high-waisted, full-coverage bottom.
Preggers11 of 11
HIT: You can't critique someone showing off her bump at the beach. We think that pregnant gals—of all shapes and sizes—look fabulous no matter what they wear. Bravo to Tori and Carla!
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession